Last Nights Foray - 2 more in the bag

Headed out last night with HW100 Sniper (Billy) who came over as my guest. We headed down to the chicken farm for a mooch about and headed up to the one shed where you are generally guaranteed to see a fox (shot four there this last week:gunsmilie: ) and we soon spotted a pair of eyes. Even though we were using NV and the remote u-caller (for the first time) this fox was staying well away :hmm: . We played cat and mouse with it for nearly an hour trying to get it to take interest in various calls....until we ran out of call to use ! and we had tried circling behind it to another field and calling it, but eventually we had to put our hands up and say that it had beaten us for that night:wallbash: .

We drove around a few other sheds untilk we finally spotted a set of eyes out on the moor behind another shed:D . We parked up behind the shed on a nice spot with a good view of the wood a 150yards to our right, another wood a 150 yards to our left and out in front of us the moor fields that rise up at a gentle angle with plenty of rushes to hide the foxes. Billy stood on the tailgate to get an elevated view of the rushes and I had the monocular and we soon spotted the fox mooching about less than 200 yards away. I turned on the u-caller and the fox was immediately interested, and it was also at this point we both noticed another set of eyes in the rushes:boogy: . Billy took his shot and down it went, with a great shot to the neck which we later measured out to 130 yards away:boogie: .

We didn't know where the second fox had gone to :search: and we swapped over the monocular and rifle and I got on the tailgate and scanned the area. After a minute we spotted the fox looking for its mate in the same place where Billy had just shot it, so I did a quick couple of calls, took aim and down went Charlie number two which was the vixen mate of the dogfox Billy shot.:gunsmilie:

Happy with that we carried on. As we were heading on the track to leave the farm and we spotted some eyes a good 300 yards away, so we used the u-caller again (just in case anyone asks...I loaded it with my own sounds,not the ones that are preloaded onto it). It took a good 5 minutes of calling but it made its way in slowly but surely, and just as I was thinking 'brilliant a 3 fox night' I took the shot and I am ashamed to say I missed :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: .

post-19182-031415600 1286108535_thumb.jpg

We did head off to a couple of other farms but no sign of ole Charlie anywhere, but all in all a good night.

PS Iliked your .17hmr Billy, worth keeping hold of for the bunnies.:cheers:

Just to add to what Dave has said .We met up with another shooter who has permission on the chicken farm (the owner had phoned Dave to let him know he would be there to zero his rifle).Chris seemed a really sound guy who had been shooting there for years but didnt get through as much because of moving house but turned up to zero his 25-06 which he let me and Dave have a wee shot of.Dave also started to zero in his new burris eliminator scope but fading light and barrel heating up put an end to it when he wasnt to far off target so ill hopfully get a wee shot of this 6.5x55 the next time i get invited up.The shooting went much as Dave says but ill throw him a wee bit of slack with the missed fox his contact lense had fallen out about 5 minutes before we seen the next fox ,so his eye wasn't 100%.

Cheers again for a great night buddy :notworthy:

nice going matey your getting through those charlies arnt you lol nice write up aswell pal.

atb

Doing our best :thumbs: . I must admit that the chicken farm is the best permission i've got as there always seem to be foxes going about......is there much about at your end?

Just to add to what Dave has said .We met up with another shooter who has permission on the chicken farm (the owner had phoned Dave to let him know he would be there to zero his rifle).Chris seemed a really sound guy who had been shooting there for years but didnt get through as much because of moving house but turned up to zero his 25-06 which he let me and Dave have a wee shot of.Dave also started to zero in his new burris eliminator scope but fading light and barrel heating up put an end to it when he wasnt to far off target so ill hopfully get a wee shot of this 6.5x55 the next time i get invited up.The shooting went much as Dave says but ill throw him a wee bit of slack with the missed fox his contact lense had fallen out about 5 minutes before we seen the next fox ,so his eye wasn't 100%.

Cheers again for a great night buddy :notworthy:

HA HA HA....

He has said that to me on a few occations when he misses foxes OH no my contact slipped :feck: Hope they were my calls he loaded on to the u-Caller :whistling::whistling::yes::bye: