25 06 calibre whats it like

.25-06 is a 30-06 case necked down to .257. It was first developed around 1920 or so, and has had a fairly recent resurgence.

It's designed to be an all-around caliber for anything from varmints - fox, coyote, etc - up to whitetail deer. My opinion is it's a hotter version of the .243 if your familiar with that caliber. It's a good flat shooter out to around 400 yds. If you hunt varmints for the pelts it tends to do a lot of damage with most bullets, and you might consider something less hot. If you're hunting varmints for pest control, it can make a marginal shot a stopper.

Loaded for varmints with bullets around 70 gr., it pushes 3700 fps. Loaded for larger game with bullets around 120 gr, it's around 3100 fps.

Hello i work a 25/06 used to have a 243 & felt like a change for the i home load so i can mellow it or hype it up.It's realy a 243 with extra ie you can get 115/117 or 120g bullet's if you want more wieght for red's/sika etc.I like it but it can do damage like most cal's will do but iv had very little deer run with this cal i shoot roe & scottish hill red's out to 300m with it.I work 75g v-max 100g or 115g nosler hunting moly im still playing with it realy & i have a 22.250.