"return of the eagle owl" anyone see it last night?

danny boi

you can also add that they kill chickens as one had one of my old mans birds 2 days ago...he went to check the stock and they were all hiding apart from one which was still twitching on the floor, ran up to it and seen featheres everywhere, he was looking all around for the culprit but couldnt see anything for a fair distance...then he looked up and there was an eagle owl in the tree watching his every move...old man was not happy i can tell you...

Saw the programme a few years ago, its good! There is a lot going around on facebook about a EEO cull being iminent, but if they are protected then how can they do that, there are probably a lot more Harris Hawks and the like out there killing wild birds! Not to mention the wild birds of prey getting into tussles with falconers birds!

Carol

According to the Raptor discussion web site, the RSPB have denied that it is in favour of a cull. The Sparrowhawk is protected but one post on this thread says that the RSPB have been actively "pricking eggs" in order to reduce numbers? :hmm:

my favorite BOP is the eagle owl, a close friend who has always kept BOPS had one when he was a young lad, , he said by far the best bird he has ever kept in 40 years for hunting, , often killed cats in the garden on a night time, , i think it was last year he got a young un and hand reared it, it would play with the staffy, run around the house chasing you it was great to watch, bloody hurt tho when she played with you, :cry: