where to go for big pike?

anywhere where the foreign nationals havent found

tewkesbury! upper load lock, fish behind the lock gates some big boys in there, i had a 25lb and i no there has been some bigger ones caught in the dead arm just behind the gates, dont bother asking any of the fishermen down there they wont tell you fuk all. good luck.. ps dead bait with a float.

Is that drifting the float or paternosta rig ?

I had the 20lb on a drifting float, but i do like a paternosta for zander and pike mabe see you lads there some time? let me no earth when your around..

paternoster is the least successful dead bait rig.. Fecking briliant on livebait, especially with a bit of tweeking to suit you...Its ok for suspending deads over features, drop offs and weedbeds with weak links but there are far more effective dead bait methods...

What's your best DEADBAIT RIG that works the best ?

i keep it all simple whick works for me.

paternoster is the least successful dead bait rig.. Fecking briliant on livebait, especially with a bit of tweeking to suit you...Its ok for suspending deads over features, drop offs and weedbeds with weak links but there are far more effective dead bait methods...

What's your best DEADBAIT RIG that works the best ?

pm me mate...

• 2 weeks later...

it is getting about time for me to start my piking for this year has anybody got any good waters for some bigish ones over the 15lb pounder marks and upwards as this is my personal best will travel in reason wanted to go for 2-3 days at a time cheers

Llandegfed reservoir if you fancy the drive :tongue2:

Click

Richard

Have you ever fished it?

Indeed in my youth ..!!!!

Tis closed for a good 10 now , thee gods know it needs closing was boshed to shiit and back ..!!!

Derrick McDonnald , PAC , Hamden waters, The LAS and indeed a few tothers were running it on a privalaged access from june to september ...!!! PPHHHHHHH had to popp a dapper mushtash and false glasses on your sardine of joy to get a run ....!!! :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

shiit me blinder than a muslim on a bacon tread mill ...!!! :angel: :angel:

Used to fish a top top drain , took a few , they take thee part time piking mates guess what .......???

Tiss as radged as a 10 bob colne hooker .......!!!!

Will give some some biro waters but owt that decent.........tiss under thee hat .!!! B) B)

it is getting about time for me to start my piking for this year has anybody got any good waters for some bigish ones over the 15lb pounder marks and upwards as this is my personal best will travel in reason wanted to go for 2-3 days at a time cheers

Llandegfed reservoir if you fancy the drive :tongue2:

Click

Richard

Have you ever fished it?

Indeed in my youth ..!!!!

Tis closed for a good 10 now , thee gods know it needs closing was boshed to shiit and back ..!!!

Derrick McDonnald , PAC , Hamden waters, The LAS and indeed a few tothers were running it on a privalaged access from june to september ...!!! PPHHHHHHH had to popp a dapper mushtash and false glasses on your sardine of joy to get a run ....!!! :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

shiit me blinder than a muslim on a bacon tread mill ...!!! :angel: :angel:

Used to fish a top top drain , took a few , they take thee part time piking mates guess what .......???

Tiss as radged as a 10 bob colne hooker .......!!!!

Will give some some biro waters but owt that decent.........tiss under thee hat .!!! B) B)

Maybe we were on at the same time... I fished it in its 1st ever week of opening... Also many times since... Not a very good idea to post waters on a forum..

Not a very good idea to post waters on a forum..

Which is why I don't, apart from Commies.

I do know a water that's minging with pike, always has been. But it's Club water. Not fair to broadcast it....

Edited by droid