Try walking backwards so he keeps coming toward you and then take it off him from his mouth. You can also try keeping his head up with keeping his attention on a treat in his hand and then scooping the dummy off him. Only reward him when he gives it to you properly.

you tried fussing the dog loads when comes back with dummy but dont touch dummy, let it keep it in mouth so doesnt think your going take it off it everytime? couple throws then let it carry dummy about then finish on high. at the moment with my pup who retrieves balls etc but drops few feet away trying to play tug war with her to try get bring to hand for her to expect more fun, i know people say play tug war but as long as dont do with rabbit should be fine and you always start the tug war so only does when you want!

Similar problem with mine - he'd come running in, drop the ball a few feet away and it'd bounce on towards me.

Fine for a ball, bunny wouldnt keep bouncing like that tho!! :doh:

Solved it by standing behind a scaffolding plank (on its side). He's got to drop it at my feet or it bounces away and no treat.

Little fcker keeps hold of the bunnies now tho - I wont be solving that with a fcking plank!!! :no: