is 65 acres enough land

Well i think it depends on what FAO you get..........they wouldn't allow my .22 or .222 on 18 acres and thats after explaining that i need them for vermin control on my game farm...,not safe they said... Shocking!!!! :wallbash:

I had to go a get permission elsewhere, then when i got it i am allowed to use the rifles on my 18 acres, basically its a load of shite.

Well i think it depends on what FAO you get..........they wouldn't allow my .22 or .222 on 18 acres and thats after explaining that i need them for vermin control on my game farm...,not safe they said... Shocking!!!! :wallbash:

I had to go a get permission elsewhere, then when i got it i am allowed to use the rifles on my 18 acres, basically its a load of shite.

Wouldn't be so sure. Unless you get an open ticket, you are still limited to land that is approved by the chief of police for the area. You are unlikely to get an open ticket on first issue, especially if they know that you are more than likely wanting to use it on land that they wouldn't approve.

Are you a BASC member? Might be worth having a word with them, they may be able to advise. Did the FEO say why he thought it unsafe, even for .22lr?

Wouldn't be so sure. Unless you get an open ticket, you are still limited to land that is approved by the chief of police for the area. You are unlikely to get an open ticket on first issue, especially if they know that you are more than likely wanting to use it on land that they wouldn't approve.

Are you a BASC member? Might be worth having a word with them, they may be able to advise. Did the FEO say why he thought it unsafe, even for .22lr?

Yes i'm a member mate. Basically i have held my firearms license for 11 years now(i think) and my ground that i am on about is my small holding around my house. It is surrounded by ex forestry commision which has a road through the middle and is used quite a bit for dog walkers. My FAO did say at the time that i could not get my license re-newed on just this piece of land but if i got another larger area then it would be "up to me" to take a shot on my smaller property. I did quiz him on this because it just seemed like nonsense at the time but i got my license so i'm happy with that.