Lamping kits

Wallop

Hi All

I have a pup ready to start this season and need to get a lamping kit.... This is my first lurcher and would like any advise on what to get and how to start her off.... I don't have any lamping mates so have to teach her myself.

I have been looking on the Clulite site and wondered why no one seems to use the hand held heavy duty Smartlites??? Are they too heavy??? They seem to have about the same power as the Laser.

Any advise on starting the pup or lamping kits would be much appriciated

Thanks in advance ATB

Wont go far wrong with the above mentioned by tiny.

If money is no option a lithium battery

+1 Ya forgot the lithiums ones good if you have the ££,

Me i dont have to much permission and there a bit dear to be throwin in a hedge if you get any heat or stopped by the plod and it gets confieskated... :thumbs:

It would do the trick fella yes, It looks bulky and dont think it would last out all night,

But for £80+ id would deffo go for the striker imho, Thats what suit me from small feilds to big feilds and out the truck it has all the bases covered more or less for me,

Ps the wireing can be a pain in the arse on em but do it and you'll have a real good alround lamp..

Wont go far wrong with the above mentioned by tiny.

If money is no option a lithium battery

+1 Ya forgot the lithiums ones good if you have the ££,

Me i dont have to much permission and there a bit dear to be throwin in a hedge if you get any heat or stopped by the plod and it gets confieskated... :thumbs:

haha your right there ! Just been talking about these batterys this morning,they only weigh 600 grams!! The upside is you can run faster but the down side is your fecked if you get it taken off you!!! Ian Hodge is doing them at £140 14 amp

Hi All

I have a pup ready to start this season and need to get a lamping kit.... This is my first lurcher and would like any advise on what to get and how to start her off.... I don't have any lamping mates so have to teach her myself.

I have been looking on the Clulite site and wondered why no one seems to use the hand held heavy duty Smartlites??? Are they too heavy??? They seem to have about the same power as the Laser.

Thanks in advance ATB

hi wallop,i'm in the same boat as you regarding my first lurcher and no-one to show me the ropes,alot of the lads on here will give you good advice,i know of someone who uses the smartlite and he has no complaints,myself i have a 170 striker,12v 7.5amp battery and i bought a belt pouch for the battery all for 110 euros(£90).it suits me,atb and happy hunting,what breeding is in your lurcher,i have a 3/4 whippet 1/4 beddy,her training is doing well,she is 5 1/2 mths,cheers......john

Hi All

Thanks in advance ATB

hi wallop,i'm in the same boat as you regarding my first lurcher and no-one to show me the ropes,alot of the lads on here will give you good advice,i know of someone who uses the smartlite and he has no complaints,myself i have a 170 striker,12v 7.5amp battery and i bought a belt pouch for the battery all for 110 euros(£90).it suits me,atb and happy hunting,what breeding is in your lurcher,i have a 3/4 whippet 1/4 beddy,her training is doing well,she is 5 1/2 mths,cheers......john

I just think the smartlite may be a handy tool with the shoulder strap, they say it has the battery same life.... I contacted Clulite to see if they do a red filter for it.

My bitch is a 50/50 Beddy Whippet rillington beddy lines and sooty sam whippet... she's 13 months and 18.5 tts just want to get her started now lol

I have just bought the Clulite CB2, good well built lamp, everyone seems to say the lightforce has the best beam but the build quality is pants, the clulite is more than adequate for what i want, i might invest in a dimmer though. I got mine at mole valley farmers the whole kit and swivel filter cost me about £100, it has a 50w bulb i think so battery last twice as long as a 100w, and its more than bright enought for what i want.

I have just started my pup on the lamp, i have been out once with other dogs but pretty much learnt on her own, to begin with make sure she has seen the rabbit before you slip her, she will soon learn to run down the beam, my pup learned after just a couple short outings.

I have found less rabbits is a lot easier for them, look for a lone rabbit in the middle of a field, if theres lots running all over the place it just confuses them.

The first rabbit my dog caught she wouldnt let me anywhere near her, she just wanted to play with it, but now about 5-6 outing and 9-10 rabbits later shes bringing back live to hand. I was amazed how quick my pup picked it up, i only took her out on very short outing too begin with, just a couple of runs, and try to end on a high note.

This is just my opinion and what i have found works for starting my pup off so far, i am new to this also.

Oh and ya want it dark (no moon) new moon tonight i think? and windy, fri night looks like it might be good down this way.

Good luck with it all!

Nothing like catching ya first bunny!

i followed your thread with intrest vin, and those little torchers are somthing else. i have seen one that big boy had, and had a shine round a few fields, the distance was impresive.

the only concern i had is the spot is to tight, ideal for the rifle, but i think for a dog, you need a little more spread . that being said i haven actualy ran a dog with one, have you?????? if so how did ya find it?? cheers TOMO