HEAVY TRIGGER

Had my Howa 1500 for a few months now, generally very happy with the performance

only gripe i have is that the trigger pull seems very heavy :icon_redface: just wondering if the fitted trigger can be adjusted, or will i have to get a replacement unitfitted-if this is the case any any suggestions on what to get and where from.

Thanks

LD

The triggers on these are usually around the 2lb area out of the box, so not too heavy. If you want to they are adjustable, but it means removing the stock to access the adjustments, probably best get a gunsmith to do it if you're not sure you know what you're doing!

Had my Howa 1500 for a few months now, generally very happy with the performance

only gripe i have is that the trigger pull seems very heavy :icon_redface: just wondering if the fitted trigger can be adjusted, or will i have to get a replacement unitfitted-if this is the case any any suggestions on what to get and where from.

Thanks

LD

i adjusted mine after googling howa trigger adjustment you will find a step by step instruction WARNING if you are not sure what you are doing then get a gunsmith TO DO IT.ATB.BY THE WAY THE PULL ON MINE WAS JUST UNDER 4 lb

The triggers on these are usually around the 2lb area out of the box, so not too heavy. If you want to they are adjustable, but it means removing the stock to access the adjustments, probably best get a gunsmith to do it if you're not sure you know what you're doing!

Flippen 'ek!!! 2lb out of the box!!

For a Field centrefire I wouldn't put that at heavy at all.

You will have a job getting the majority of field centrefires down that low, the Older Remington 700 used to come in as heavy as 8.5lb pull and the X mark pro are nowhere near 2lb.

Most CZ rimfires come in around the 4lb mark, and you can't get them down to 2lb without the kit!

I personally believe anything much under 2 for centrefires is not safe in the field. Target work is a whole different world of course!

Just my view!

:thumbs:

my .22K hornet has the trigger set to 2.5lbs, but the howa is much much heavier than that :thumbdown: at a guess i would say 5 to 6lbs

LD

Hi chap.

We live in this mad world where health and safety rules, so the gun and rifle makers set trigger pulls on field rifles well over 4lb as to be inside the guide lines of four pounds.

The trigger pull is adjustable as mentioned above. Please take care do not go below 2lb for a field model and may I say best to get a rifle smith to do this job for.

Sage UK Gunrepairs.