Tullylish Working Terrier club

Tullylish sits on the River Bann, along the main road between the towns of Banbridge and Portadown. Its beautiful countryside and green elevated hills was the perfect setting for the annual Tullylish Dog Show. With the exception of a small shower the sun shone brilliantly and the Canine men, women and most important of all their families arrived in force with their stars of the day in tow in their comfortable trailers. These shows have over the past couple years and especially this year from my observation, turned into real family days out for small and big families. This has become very evident, with the preparation put into them by each family. As soon as the trailers are parked out comes the Gazebos and umbrellas, the summer chairs, salads, flasks and sandwiches and the dogs are made comfortable away from the sun under the gazebos. This all happened at Tullylish yesterday. A great day was had by all, and congratulations to all the winners. A big congratulations to Nikki Erwin who won the Northern Ireland Champion of Champions with her beautiful Whippet Zac and Liz & Eddie mc Kinistry with reserve champion . Well done Nikki & Liz, and Fiona Devlin with her beautiful Lurcher Maverick, and Tom Berrys lovely wife winning with her lovely dog. Women power certainly ruled here on the day. Our good friend Ann Forsythe and Eamon Feeley won the Whippet Bitch class with the georgeous Jade . Well done Ann and Eamon. We enjoyed your company and the craic yesterday.

In the racing, A big congratulations in the over 23s to Fiona Devlins ever powerful Maverick 1st and Leanne Reas Star Dog Vinnie took reserve. The under 23s, Rose Mc Mc Coys Champion Dog Digeo, and in reserve Bluebells Wonder Dog Paris. In the Whippet racing Liz Mc Kinistry took Ist with her Campion Whippet Cody, and Michael Quinn reserve with his beautiful Whippet. Michael you never let us down. Keep it, its great to see the youth with such an interest and a zest for competition. I must not forget the highlight of the day. The wonderful, exuberent, " Wee Jordie Tuft " of Gerry Anderson show fame was there in full Glory judging the the ferretts. Boy did he love kissing the women. A very good judge of the ferretts. He did not only judge the ferrets, but talked to them also. I think Jordie was in his glory as the majority of ferrett owners was women, and O dear God, did he judge the women also. Jordie is a great sportsman and really and truthfully brought a world of entertainment and laughter to the show. A job well done "Wee Jordie ".A big congratulations to all the winners on the day. Without you and the the people also who did not win this show would not of been such a success.

And finally the day would not be complete without thanking the judges, the organisers Darren Connolly and John Berry and their brilliant committe and helpers. Well done boys for all the hard work was put into this show. A job well done. The big surprise of the day landed on our ever loyal resident photographer "Bluebell" Deidre Mc Coy. The Tullylish Club presented Deidre in front of a packed crowd with a beautiful signed mirror for her services in photography to the shows during the year. What a big surprise and a beautiful thought. I think she nearley died with fright. Deidre you have it well deserved and real trooper. The shows would not be the same without you. Unfortunately after this big surprise, there was a small scuffle between 2 dogs, and Deidre went in to pull them apart, and got badly bitten, and ended up in Craigavon Area hospital. Deidre is now back home again, with stitches and a very sore hand. But Deidre being Deidre, she is still all set for Birr Castle next week end. Get well Deidre, we are all wishing you well, and look forward to seeing you at Birr on Sunday for some more brilliant photographs and all the fun that goes with it. Deidre will be putting up the usual photographs shortly on K9 and Hunting Life. Thanks for the day Darren and John,

Hope to see you all at Dessie Mackens show on Saturday and Birr Castle on Sunday.

Margaret Mc Stay

your certainly right about the countryside around banbridge being beautifal my mate lives there and i was over there a few times for 6 mnths at a time a few years ago used to go fishing in the river just by the town jocks cafe if i remember right the name used to do brilliant soda bread bacon buttys will go back for a couple of weeks when get the chane whenever i smell a coal fire it always reminds me of there cant wait for the pics great write up

your certainly right about the countryside around banbridge being beautifal my mate lives there and i was over there a few times for 6 mnths at a time a few years ago used to go fishing in the river just by the town jocks cafe if i remember right the name used to do brilliant soda bread bacon buttys will go back for a couple of weeks when get the chane whenever i smell a coal fire it always reminds me of there cant wait for the pics great write up

Thank you for you lovely comments, its a pity you could not of made it for the show yesterday, you would really have enjoyed it. Ireland both North and South is the most beautiful country in the world. Maybe next year you will make it. This show and all the other shows are always advertised on Hunting life.