Training recall

Hi all just visiting from the ferreting section lol, I have a dog just over a year old now not 100 percent sure what's in him saluki x whippet x grey x dash of bull x lurcher type anyhow working on his recAll at the moment I didn't get him till he was 8 months old unwanted and the last people did nothing with him he's a bit head strong and very clingy , I'm letting him off after a good walk he's returning to call of come on , and if insight arm movement but still not coming to hand on open ground as yet , but as soon as I turn and walk he follows so I head I to a corner of the field and let him in front then say stay and come hear , should I just keep going as I am , he's good with the ferrets and runs fine , he's nit seen a rabbit yet but may show him some mixy first one night this week , and hope someone eith an older dog will take us out soon , I have heard a few folk say that the saluki in him makes him a bit head strong , atb cheers j

Edited by Jamie m

Hi all just visiting from the ferreting section lol, I have a dog just over a year old now not 100 percent sure what's in him saluki x whippet x grey x dash of bull x lurcher type anyhow working on his recAll at the moment I didn't get him till he was 8 months old unwanted and the last people did nothing with him he's a bit head strong and very clingy , I'm letting him off after a good walk he's returning to call of come on , and if insight arm movement but still not coming to hand on open ground as yet , but as soon as I turn and walk he follows so I head I to a corner of the field and let him in front then say stay and come hear , should I just keep going as I am , he's good with the ferrets and runs fine , he's nit seen a rabbit yet but may show him some mixy first one night this week , and hope someone eith an older dog will take us out soon , I have heard a few folk say that the saluki in him makes him a bit head strong , atb cheers j

remember to crouch down when calling him back and when he does come back make a big fuss of him,never chase the dog,just thinks its agame.atb

I've a salukixgrey x whippetxgrey and have had the same problem mate. What I've found with mine is just keep at the training mate, mine won't have raised vocies, just wont come back. I've gone back to basics and hes coming on leaps and bounds, so much so I'm hoping to show him the lamp. ATB and dont get fustrated John