rat snares...anyone got any?

Ive been following the rat snaring threads and they look like they work a treat... i have a few runs that i could use them to good effect and just need to know where to get some suitable snares from :) if anyone can advise me on where to buy some it would be greatly appreciated and when i get the some good pics will follow :D

Anyway, rat snares? Crack open an old tv set, mate. Voilla! ;)

Are you talking about the wire on the coils Ditch ? Just make sure it's a very old TV set that's not been used in ages - I think the big old capacitors in there can hold a fair wack of charge for a while. :shok:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

" Coils " ? Ahhh, so That's what they're called then? :good: Thanks for that, John. I've spent much of my life refering rather vaguely to 'These two little square lumps, all tightly bound with a load of soft, thin copper wire.' and leaving people to get on with it!

Anyway, yeppers. Those 'Coils'. Never been bitten by one. But then, I guess the old sets I ever found had probably been dead for ages.

Brilliant bit of wire. A proper, old school Gamekeeper taught me that, about thirty odd years ago. Showed me how to make rat snares back then (he used the notched peg system, though I much prefer P&G's brilliant nail idea now) I've kept it very much to myself all these years, but I guess it's about time I let go of a few things ;)

Made me look good one time, ye know; I was working security on a derelict gas works site. There, alone, all night. When I strolled into the office the next day with a few rabbits under my jacket and explained simply that 'I'd got bored and peckish', Control looked at me as if I'd just passed straight through the brick walls! :laugh: All I'd did was search around, found a busted up old tv and set to work. Had the snares twisted and the bunnies thinned out by end of shift!

Hello Ditch Shitter, Thank's for the Info. about the Copper Wire out of the TV Set's Good Idea to salvage and also save some Cash !

Hello John B, Useing word's like Capacitors are you a Radio Opererator or a Techniction ? I'm a CB Radio DX'er DX # 506, And your right they can store Power for a Good Deal of time, Take Care !