river tyne high tide

Sunday, still hungover decieded to go for a salmon or two set out at 9am got there 10am seen about 200 fish before dinner time and without even a knock went for some food! Got back down about 12.45 lost 3 fish in 40 minutes i was sick and about to pack up about 2pm. after making a few calls i was told high tide was 3pm and alot of fish will be comming with it so i stayed another 2 hours and the result was this a 17lb salmon and a 12lb salmon both sea liced!

post-41336-026139800 1281371850_thumb.jpg

I think you will find you have caught a 17lb Salmon and a 12lb Seatrout The last photo is definatly a Seatrout. And at 12lb that is one good fish.

Top marks for sticking it out.

TC

[/quote

No offence mate,but ive fished for salmon sea trout alot of years and they are both salmon maybe the picture does it no justice at all they are off my mobile and the suns shinning on it both salmon ive had a 14lb sea trout 2 years ago though!

Thanks though :thumbs:

Just looked at the photo and i can see why you think its a sea trout it the camera and the angle and the sun etc but defo a salmon they all taste the same! Apoligies for the poor photographs!

Edited by genuine

I think you will find you have caught a 17lb Salmon and a 12lb Seatrout The last photo is definatly a Seatrout. And at 12lb that is one good fish.

Top marks for sticking it out.

TC

No offence mate,but ive fished for salmon sea trout alot of years and they are both salmon maybe the picture does it no justice at all they are off my mobile and the suns shinning on it both salmon ive had a 14lb sea trout 2 years ago though!

Thanks though :thumbs:

Not wanting to get into an agument, just have a scale count diagonaly from the rear of the adipose fin to the lateral line.10 to 13 Salmon 13 to 16 Seatrout. In the photo have a look at the maximil plate in relation to the eye. The fish in the photo the maximil plate goes well past the eye. Although we cannot see the end of the tail the tail has all the atributes of a seatrout.

As a bye I caught my first Seatrout in 1959 and had a few since then, best fish 19.3/4lb. Make of that what you will.

TC

Edited by tiercel