barrel rust

Try rubbing it with a cloth or tooth brush (old one), then put a little oil on it, that should help reduce the amount visible and then its just a question of keeping on top of it :yes: a quick wipe down with an oily cloth or a quick spray of WD40 onto a cloth then rub all over the metal work. :thumbs:

Could even go and have it re-blued or blacked, but to do it properly takes time effort and money! So I'd go with the WD40 and rag route ;) It works a treat on my S200 :yes: (and it has a fair bit of rust if you look really close up)

Phantom

Steel wool will scratch the bluing.

I use a scrunched up piece of aluminium foil. It's harder than the rust, but softer than the steel so won't damage the good bits of barrel but will get rid of the rust.

Once you've got rid of the rust, keep the barrel in good nick by giving it a wipe over with a lightly oiled cloth before you put it away.

Steel wool will scratch the bluing.

I use a scrunched up piece of aluminium foil. It's harder than the rust, but softer than the steel so won't damage the good bits of barrel but will get rid of the rust.

Once you've got rid of the rust, keep the barrel in good nick by giving it a wipe over with a lightly oiled cloth before you put it away.

ok sweet will try it on his rifle now man

How much do you want to spend?

You can get a bottle of chemical bluing for £10 and do it yourself, and get reasonable results. You could pay a top gunsmith £100's and get amazing results. Depends how much cash you have to splash, and what result you want.

How much do you want to spend?

You can get a bottle of chemical bluing for £10 and do it yourself, and get reasonable results. You could pay a top gunsmith £100's and get amazing results. Depends how much cash you have to splash, and what result you want.

hi pal

ive just ordered for him some air rifle bluing and some bluing pens to see what i can do with it,should it work?

It'll work, for a given value of work.

Take your time, prepare properly, and follow the instructions properly and you should end up with a decent result. Can't stress the preparation thing too much! The better you prepare the metal prior to applying any finish, the better the result you'll get.

if your not happy with your attempt at rebluing (iv heard bad things about cold bluing and touch ups) and want it perfect if not better than new at a very good price call manchester airguns 01616817947 and speak to colin

i striped my tx200 and they blued it for £55 :boogie:

just my advice hope it helps atb samuri