Norma primers

Hi

I will soon begin to reload norma 223 once fired cases.I purchased 2 lots which seem to have different primers. One iS a silver metal the other is gold.They both group excellent but do have a slightly different impact point. My question is doe's anyone know what primers Norma use ? I will be using CCI BR and a mix of hornady vmax in 50gn and sierra blitzking in 40 and 50 gn. I will gladly listen to any recommendations

Thanks

Tony

Hi

I will soon begin to reload norma 223 once fired cases.I purchased 2 lots which seem to have different primers. One iS a silver metal the other is gold.They both group excellent but do have a slightly different impact point. My question is doe's anyone know what primers Norma use ? I will be using CCI BR and a mix of hornady vmax in 50gn and sierra blitzking in 40 and 50 gn. I will gladly listen to any recommendations

Thanks

Tony

Hi dont know what primers norma use but i use/like cci & the br primers have a small b on them so you easy know. As for you slightly diffrent POI that is more likely to be down to the diffrent primers as they ignite at diffrent speed/heat thus give off diffrent pressures. Word of warnning back off by a grain if you are using cci-br or match primers as the burn hotter & create higher pressure so if you are at max load with 1 of these primers they will cause more pressure signs.

Hi

Thanks

Tony

Hi dont know what primers norma use but i use/like cci & the br primers have a small b on them so you easy know. As for you slightly diffrent POI that is more likely to be down to the diffrent primers as they ignite at diffrent speed/heat thus give off diffrent pressures. Word of warnning back off by a grain if you are using cci-br or match primers as the burn hotter & create higher pressure so if you are at max load with 1 of these primers they will cause more pressure signs.

Thanks for the advice. I will start at mid point so that I can build up to the exact speed of the factory ammo as these are very good in my Tikka T3 hunter.