Pure breeds.

Lots of threads on here for every sort of cross imaginable.

But wondered what folks thought of working pure breeds?

Wimpy whippets? Fragile Greys?

Saw some pure Salukis rabbiting, was great to watch.

And of course I have tried my Borzoi and was really chuffed with the result.

Do the purebreeds have the substance now?

Pure breeds - massively under rated in my opinion. Always going to draw the 'every whippet is weak', 'every greyhound' is fragile idiots out of the woodwork, but thats always from folk who have never worked them. Granted there are a lot that aint up to the grade out there, but look at for example fence hoppers (now sadly past away) grey - hardly fragile! And I have a thing for whippets, and anyone who works them properly on here will know what they can do, especially the Laguna lines. TBH i think that the more people that work these pure breeds the better - its what might save them from going totally 'show' and they provide the basis for some GREAT lurcher breeding, would you rather use an x track hound or one that had been dissecting foxes 3 nights a week?

I'll leave salukis for those that know better - but my opinion is - :thumbs:

Pure breeds - massively under rated in my opinion. Always going to draw the 'every whippet is weak', 'every greyhound' is fragile idiots out of the woodwork, but thats always from folk who have never worked them. Granted there are a lot that aint up to the grade out there, but look at for example fence hoppers (now sadly past away) grey - hardly fragile! And I have a thing for whippets, and anyone who works them properly on here will know what they can do, especially the Laguna lines. TBH i think that the more people that work these pure breeds the better - its what might save them from going totally 'show' and they provide the basis for some GREAT lurcher breeding, would you rather use an x track hound or one that had been dissecting foxes 3 nights a week?

i wouldnt say people are idiots of having an opinion

My mate years ago used to race a white greyhound called jade (queball was her raceing name) and he used to work her on all quarry and she never held back and was allways good with her nose and an overall good worker, mind you he used to get some funny looks at the dog track because of all the scars she had

Neither would i. But i WOULD consider someone an idiot if they insist that an entire breed is 'crap' without ever having owned or worked a dog of that breed.

Neither would i. But i WOULD consider someone an idiot if they insist that an entire breed is 'crap' without ever having owned or worked a dog of that breed.

:thumbs:

:thumbs:

Kissass! :tongue2: