A question

Guest busterdog

I look for dogs able to eject the fox, the dog bite to take the fox out of burrow, not that this barking where the fox to tell me where to dig, I think it is an effective and more difficult for the dog, he has to do the job, he is the hero, do your dogs would be able to eject the fox?. Yo I can hunt alone or with people I do not need tools, I just need a dog and a shotgun. If I fail the fox escapes, if the dog fails the fox does not leave the burrow, we form a team

I have a question, two hundred years ago when the fox was hunted for its fur do you dug every day to kill the fox?

I only say tha these are differents forms of hunts, you want to dig every day and i want dogs able to hunt alone

a greeting

Forgive me as i've on been doing it for nearly thirty years and in all that time i've ALWAYS taken the tools out of respect for my terriers.

From what you've said you've managed to hunt with terriers for god knows how long without taking the tools to help out should they get dug in.

Theres a name for dogs that don't stick till dug to in England "SHIT"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dig dig all day thats the way

i ve seen lots of photo s of fox terriers used for digging in europe and always same thing there doubled up too quarry plus these guys think there the business and breeding from them flat out :thumbd

I use two dogs because in the burrows of land have many outings and are very large and the dog may be behind the fox hours without bumping into because the fox could always avoid it, so I put two dogs, so it is harder to evade two and one gets to confront him and expel him. I do not use two dogs because one can not with the fox, in burrows of rock I just use a dog, but the burrows of land that I hunt are very large

we've all had 2 terriers in the ground at some stage, fcuk when i was starting out(just kids) we've had 3 to ground :thumbdown::icon_redface: , thats why i know its bad news and its a no no in my opinion. but if your happy with that,thats fine. at least your honest. its worse when lads need to double up but pretend they dont.

speak for yourself lad. personnally i never done or witnessed two terriers going to ground at the same time?? that was until the end of last season when i was invited to southern ireland through a friend off a friend and these fellas thought it was ""THE DONE THING""??????? i couldn't believe my eyes. to say the least i won't be on a green field with them again... IMO if 1 terrier on it's own cannot do the job it was breed to do, it aint worth a batt. the same applies to lurchers. :thumbs:

Ok, I can not hunt like you. I can not dig, the dog have to eject the fox

Another question

What are the most used breed, there in UK?

A greeting

if the fox wont move can you call away the dog and move on?

you foll if the fox wont move you dig the bugger your doing your dog no justice calling him out of a hole whilst working quarry :thumbdown:

we've all had 2 terriers in the ground at some stage, fcuk when i was starting out(just kids) we've had 3 to ground :thumbdown::icon_redface: , thats why i know its bad news and its a no no in my opinion. but if your happy with that,thats fine. at least your honest. its worse when lads need to double up but pretend they dont.

speak for yourself lad. personnally i never done or witnessed two terriers going to ground at the same time?? that was until the end of last season when i was invited to southern ireland through a friend off a friend and these fellas thought it was ""THE DONE THING""??????? i couldn't believe my eyes. to say the least i won't be on a green field with them again... IMO if 1 terrier on it's own cannot do the job it was breed to do, it aint worth a batt. the same applies to lurchers. :thumbs:

we've all done things starting out as kids that we wouldnt dream of doing now. like i said we were kids learning as we went, cos we didnt know any better.

i did have more than one dog in a few times as a lad. one. i didnt know better and two. looking back the dogs we had wasnt up to scratch. i wouldnt dream of useing more than one terrier to ground now. it was just part of a learning curve.

there are times and places when a terrier cant be dug, i refer to the rock places thread for example. all my lands diggable so i'd always dig, but some lads work places that are un-diggable and in them places a terrier that can be called away is essential imo. there's a dog for every mans type of hunting.

so terriers that show/walkout are usefull??????????????? suit yourself :thumbs: speaking for myself here but i have no place in my yard for jackers. :thumbs:

there are times and places when a terrier cant be dug, i refer to the rock places thread for example. all my lands diggable so i'd always dig, but some lads work places that are un-diggable and in them places a terrier that can be called away is essential imo. there's a dog for every mans type of hunting.

so terriers that show/walkout are usefull??????????????? suit yourself :thumbs: speaking for myself here but i have no place in my yard for jackers. :thumbs:

of course they are usefull. for pest control they are the bollocks. they are just useless for digging to. so are more suited to bolting foxes.

of course they are usefull. for pest control they are the bollocks. they are just useless for digging to. so are more suited to bolting foxes.

i understand were you's are coming from lads but being totally honest for 1 i wouldn't keep a dog that i knew was a jacker.... for example....if you had a bolting dog that you use in rock piles etc and you knew it would only do and hour at a fox and one day you ran it threw a bank and it got on. mr fox doesn't want to bolt...dog located steady at say 5ft.... what would you do then?????? dig?????? you may have the best part of the dig over you the dog would show...what good is that????????? NO GOOD

:thumbs: i work terriers next to the likes of rockpiles etc. and being honest if i was running 1 off my dogs/bitches along a bank and noone was home, hypertheically speaking, if the dog/bitch bombed off on a scent, down the field with the bellman around the neck 2wards a large rockpile were i knew he/she were certain to get on...........i would shit myself :wallbash: reason being i know i'm gonna have to get the 'mudda fudda' out by digging down. :yes::yes:

pest control etc. i do also but i havn't got the room or kennels to keep a certain terrier for every type of terrian :thumbs:

they make the grade or they don't. :search:

Guest dee mac

I use two dogs because in the burrows of land have many outings and are very large and the dog may be behind the fox hours without bumping into because the fox could always avoid it, so I put two dogs, so it is harder to evade two and one gets to confront him and expel him. I do not use two dogs because one can not with the fox, in burrows of rock I just use a dog, but the burrows of land that I hunt are very large

this statement is pure and utter rubbish

this statement is pure and utter rubbish

i'm glad someone else on here has a bit of sense :rofl::rofl::rofl: what a load off cow clapp..

jesus how big are the earths :icon_eek: are you sure your not putting your terriers into the drainage system of a major city :blink:

Ok, if you think it perfect, when you want and you hunt in these holes and you dont want to destroy them by digging. When you want to enjoy the dog and not just to enjoy killing the fox and not leaving their full potential to the dog, hunt rocks. Have you ever hunted in burrows with 12 or 14 mouths?, Where the dog can not reach the fox because it avoids the corner it could not, have you ever seen kick a badger from its burrow by a dog alone, without human help , pull the badger of the burrow deeper without help me if(this badger had kill two dogs the previus year)(the badger's hunt is prohibited) I've seen, and I hunt so if you do not like, pefect but I'm going to continue hunting of this form

This is my last message in this section

A greeting