making a quad ferret box

I am wanting to make a quad ferret box, with 4 compartments to fit a ferret in each for those days when i will need more than 2 ferrets.

What size would you recomend each compartment to be, I thought 10 inch deep by 8 inch wide by 8 inch high, but this will still make the box 32 inch's long.

What do you think about 8 inch high 10 inch deep and 7 inch wide, making it 28 inches in length, do you think these compartments are too small?

I prefer to have them seperate so that I can easily get which one out I choose and also so that they have there own space, but not too large so that they get knocked about.(just my preferance, I am not saying keeping 2 in one larger compartment is wrong, its just the way I like to work)

After thinking about it a bit more I have decided to just make another double box and if I need more than 2 ferrets I can just take 2 boxes(theres always at least 2 or 3 uf us when I go out so carrying them wont be a problem)

I always go for 8 x 8 x 8 or larger for each compartment. The height could be dropped to 6" but wouldn't like to see the width of length any smaller. Personally I would make a double box w:20 d:10 h:8 and put 2 jill ferrets in each side.