pure whippet or cross?

whippet x hill collie is my ideal, i like the pure whippet but dont think i will ever own one.

strange enough i was given a half grown whippet x collie bitch 2nite in the pub of all places, a nice one too only bout 10-12mths, been kept as a pet by a local couple;- was dumped by travellers 3mths ago, soon see when season comes if shes any good, have to get her in shape now........

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

full whippet waste of time ived seen the so called best take no abuse espically if its raining get yourself bed dlington cross

Posted Images

Guest fence_hopper

some lovely whippet cross pups on here :thumbs:

full whippet waste of time ived seen the so called best take no abuse espically if its raining get yourself bed dlington cross

you no nothing about whippets then :doh::doh:

ived lamped with boys with these well bred whippets and beddlington cross of my owm she ran them to a standstill the whippets were standing looking at the rabbits

well you went out with a shit one then theres good and bad in every x or pure, like said you know fuk all to jude a breed on on one dog, crawl back in your hole :doh:

ived lamped with boys with these well bred whippets and beddlington cross of my owm she ran them to a standstill the whippets were standing looking at the rabbits

well you went out with a shit one then theres good and bad in every x or pure, like said you know fuk all to jude a breed on on one dog, crawl back in your hole :doh:

i bet it never panted aswell after all those rabbits

wait til i tell u somethig ived forgot more than what u learned u must have a yard ful of oxy whippets

my dog has a small amount of whippet in so i can't really comment, however there is a guy just down from me with an absolute stunner of a working whippet and when i've seen him out with his dog's the whippet is the first to break and work the heavy cover with never a sound or a mark on it, and it's a quick little dog, if i had space i would genuinley have a working whippet as i'm really impressed with the breed.

atb natter

Guest fence_hopper

yer proper full if you call one alot :blink: chunk what the fuk do you know you plank :feck: carry on with your know it all comments you two bellends

tell me this has these whippets got much stamina to run 25 to 30 spins a night

well i can only speak for mine, she'd run that with ease but catching them is the thing she's only had one season so abit more experience under her belt and i should image she'll get the numbers.

and another thing mate i ran the dog in my avatar first x bedlinton grey for 10 seasons myself taking big numbers and yes there better than whippets well he was, how do i know that coz i got him of a whippet breeder who even admited it.

Edited by fence_hopper

yer proper full if you call one alot :blink: chunk what the fuk do you know you plank :feck: carry on with your know it all comments you two bellends

tell me this has these whippets got much stamina to run 25 to 30 spins a night

well i can only speak for mine, she'd run that with ease but catching them is the thing she's only had one season so abit more experience under her belt and i should image she'll get the numbers.

dead on fella thats just my opinion no offence meant

i live in the north east of england near the coast and want a whippet or a cross i like bedligton whippts to work the beach-banks and souronding areas i also live close to a dene so must be ok there and farmers feilds i wont be lamping or working with ferrets just rabbits during the day early morning mooching sort of thing any help or ideas welcome also pics thanks mick

ask yourself this would there be so many whippet based lurchers about. if the whippet was so good. OF COURSE NOT. get yourself a wellbred whippet based lurcher and you will get a thicker hyde better weatherproof coat meaning less shivering like a half shut knife and less tears and rips. resulting in less time off and less money wasted at the vets. there are many benefits from cross breeding whippets. the only downside is you will lose a little speed. and if you want a lightning fast dog. nothing will beat a little whippet ;)