line breeding

just take a look at sum of the inbread KC breeds sum of them are sum fuked up dogs

Difference is they are inbred for looks rather than performance.

The KC will no longer register inbred litters of pups ;)

Y.I.S Leeview

so is father over daughter inbreed?if so how do you keep a good line going and keep them kc reg looking at the ped on my whippets father has been put over daughter [sootysam] many times

Very much so :wallbash: seen pedigrees where he is the sire,grandsire and great grandsire ie 3x inbred :thumbdown: just asking for trouble going that close

Y.I.S Leeview

leeview mate so are you saying the kc would not give you papers on dogs breed this way now

I should hope so it might sort a particular line of whippet out that i have seen that wernt a patch on one from the same lines 28 years ago.

yes i no what your saying but i have whippets which are closely realated which in the future i will want to breed from so will want papers for so i will ask the question again will i be abill to get these kc reg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Breeding good pups is a lottery, say you have a quality bitch and you out cross, you keep a bitch pup and out cross again, you could end up with very few of the original bitch's genes. If you line bre

line breeding is breeding to and individual (i.e)this is as i remember an old pedigree plan to line breed to a stud sire ( to reproduce his traits)     stud sire A to two quality femal

just take a look at sum of the inbread KC breeds sum of them are sum fuked up dogs

Y.I.S Leeview

so is father over daughter inbreed?if so how do you keep a good line going and keep them kc reg looking at the ped on my whippets father has been put over daughter [sootysam] many times

Very much so :wallbash: seen pedigrees where he is the sire,grandsire and great grandsire ie 3x inbred :thumbdown: just asking for trouble going that close

Y.I.S Leeview

leeview mate so are you saying the kc would not give you papers on dogs breed this way now

I should hope so it might sort a particular line of whippet out that i have seen that wernt a patch on one from the same lines 28 years ago.

yes i no what your saying but i have whippets which are closely realated which in the future i will want to breed from so will want papers for so i will ask the question again will i be abill to get these kc reg

after all the issues condemning the KC over breeding(which they dont do just register the pups) they no longer accept registration of inbred litters :thumbs: so the choice is yours breed how you want and dont register them or breed how the KC want them bred and you can register them

Y.I.S Leeview

Doc always said if there's no real finish line theres no proof. 1 mans FL is anothers last place. :thumbs: There is no bigger motivator than money.... and the men and woman at the NGA dont do it or do what I consider inbreeding/line breeding so that was my answer when I asked it.

Ps- I believe this to be true with sighthonds cocerning speed/pace. I dont breed my terriers this way at all they are line/inbred.

Edited by STUNTMAN

Y.I.S Leeview

Y.I.S Leeview

after all the issues condemning the KC over breeding(which they dont do just register the pups) they no longer accept registration of inbred litters :thumbs: so the choice is yours breed how you want and dont register them or breed how the KC want them bred and you can register them

Y.I.S Leeview

Or have a word with another un principled breeder and say you used each others studs,when in fact youve just "inbred" again to your own :blink:

Paperwork means very little,just an opinion on what will happen.

Y.I.S Leeview

Y.I.S Leeview

Y.I.S Leeview

Or have a word with another un principled breeder and say you used each others studs,when in fact youve just "inbred" again to your own :blink:

Paperwork means very little,just an opinion on what will happen.

yes i bet thats been done before

Doc always said if there's no real finish line there’s no proof. 1 mans FL is another’s last place. :thumbs: There is no bigger motivator than money.... and the men and woman at the NGA don’t do it or do what I consider inbreeding/line breeding so that was my answer when I asked it.

Ps- I believe this to be true with sighthonds cocerning speed/pace. I dont breed my terriers this way at all they are line/inbred.

STUNTMAN-I have heard that, but have never looked into it myself. I understand that there is quite a bit of inbreeding/linebreeding in race horses, is the loss of speed specific to dogs? Do jackrabbits, coyotes and deer get slower each generation? The big greyhound farms are not inbreeding/linebreeding their own dogs?

I know a fella that bred a bitch back to her sire, and got a pup that was bigger, faster and stronger than his sire/grandsire? Was that a fluke?

Take care.

We cant take things and blow them out of purportion, doc. We have to read it or hear it and apply it in the manner in which it was meant. That door swings both ways though. You already know this shit so I dont know why I'm conversin with you about it. :no:

Doc you should take a look :icon_eek: lol. Take the last top 10 NGA studs see how they are bred. Then take a look at the top offspring from these studs. The truth is in the cash $$$$$$$$ :D Un-realated for the most part. Wild animals, no brainer. Prey gets eatin, predators dont eat then die comman sence would tell me that I think. And yes the big farms, I do believe they "line breed" but nothing like you and I would do not even close. The daughter /sire breeding was it a racing dog did he make money with it.?

Doc always said if there's no real finish line there’s no proof. 1 mans FL is another’s last place. :thumbs: There is no bigger motivator than money.... and the men and woman at the NGA don’t do it or do what I consider inbreeding/line breeding so that was my answer when I asked it.

STUNTMAN-I have heard that, but have never looked into it myself. I understand that there is quite a bit of inbreeding/linebreeding in race horses, is the loss of speed specific to dogs? Do jackrabbits, coyotes and deer get slower each generation? The big greyhound farms are not inbreeding/linebreeding their own dogs?

I know a fella that bred a bitch back to her sire, and got a pup that was bigger, faster and stronger than his sire/grandsire? Was that a fluke?

Take care.

in breeding is mating a bitch to a close relative;- brother/sire/son/grandfather etc

linebreeding is mating 2 dogs of similar ancestry ie some gt gt gt grandparents in common for example

outcrossing is breeding 2 dogs together who are entirely unrelated

thats what i thought, i might be wrong but didnt Dan say (outcrossing).? because they way i see it, how can get (gene defect) from to differnt breeds or lines of a breed, when not related.(to close)? Maybe i got it wrong from the thread.?

look at it this way mastiff & dane both carry for hip dysplasia even if it don't show. you breed them and tell lies about hybrid vigor and sell a bunch of pups to nimrod owners. they wind up having to put them down or pay for very expensive hip replacements before the pups hit 2 years.

another example in the USA would be show type grey to show deer both tend to carry for bone cancer and so the pups would too and some will develop bone cancer, more than if you crossed either to a good pit bulldog since they don't carry for it.

in breeding is mating a bitch to a close relative;- brother/sire/son/grandfather etc

linebreeding is mating 2 dogs of similar ancestry ie some gt gt gt grandparents in common for example

outcrossing is breeding 2 dogs together who are entirely unrelated

thats what i thought, i might be wrong but didnt Dan say (outcrossing).? because they way i see it, how can get (gene defect) from to differnt breeds or lines of a breed, when not related.(to close)? Maybe i got it wrong from the thread.?

look at it this way mastiff & dane both carry for hip dysplasia even if it don't show. you breed them and tell lies about hybrid vigor and sell a bunch of pups to nimrod owners. they wind up having to put them down or pay for very expensive hip replacements before the pups hit 2 years.

another example in the USA would be show type grey to show deer both tend to carry for bone cancer and so the pups would too and some will develop bone cancer, more than if you crossed either to a good pit bulldog since they don't carry for it.

Thanks pops, that was a great post even for a jarhead. :thumbs: