now i am getting a bit of money from my colege i have switched to a completely raw diet, some of advice on this diet i have thought up, phoned the abbatoir (SP) up this morn and ordered some pigs heads and some lights, lungs heats etc, what should i add to this diet, some p

ribs from the butchers so he gets more rmbs or chicken frames ocassionally when i can get them, while i am on this subject will lights be alright as a staple diet for ferets. many thanks for your advice.

Edited by ginge

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest the poacher

i feed mine raw and cooked meat as my other half works as a cook if i feed them raw i mix dry food in with it usually dr johns gold with the cooked they have veg as my other half brings it home they also have gravy on it aswell :)

I feed mainly chicken wings with various mince, beef, lamb, veg etc,. I also feed lamb racks and pigs trotters. I get mine from Landywoods. They are on the internet and will deliver..........

just started using landywoods myself. you can get alot of meat for 15 notes. but make sure you have room inthe frezer cause it comes frozen(minced tripe/ chicken) £3.50 for 18 meaty as knuckle bones to.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Ginge; Just picking up on ye ferret question there, mate: Lights are fine for ferrets, BUT all things in some sembelance of mederation there, mate. And Variety is the key word. (Not to mention the vitally important 'ROUGHAGE').

Why not use the lungs as the centre of a more complex and varied diet, mate? Try to give them 'Lights and .....' at least four of five days a week. The 'And' being anything with some feathers or fur stuck to if. It'll keep them happier, healthier and cleaner :good:

Regarding those pigs heads ..... Rather you than me with them, mate. Sheeps heads, yes. But how is anything going to access the brains, mate? Hammer and bolster, maybe? You'll find out! :blink:

Guest Jane Russell
feck me they do 50 quid minimun order :blink: where am i supposed to store 50 quids worth of frozen dog meat :11:

David

In the chest freezer you keep out back OR get together with others locally and divide the order :)

Jane

i feed the dogs what i catch plus veg brown bread , pasta ,sometimes dry food , all depends what on offer when i build new kennels this year ill get a few chest freezers then itll be back to meat fish and dry food ihave an old bioler a gas ring i half biol and mixit all together ,they like it and as im out its good for them to get a warm meal after a hard nights hunting etc all the best feed them well and treat them like heroes ,i still give them rabbit hares on the bone if ive got plenty my self to eat oor for customers

just a quick piont about feeding raw ,i feed my dogs raw but just about 2 months ago i had a phone call from a farm where i have permission the farmer had sent a load of lambs to slaughter and had some of them condemed because of something called C-OVIS ,seemingly the sheep get this c-ovis from dogs shit out of dogs which have had raw meat basically this is how it works

dog eats a piece of meat which contains this c-ovis sist in the sist there is a tape worm head which once it reaches the dogs gut kicks back into life producing thousands of eggs your dog shits every where and in every shit drops what i think is around 250,00 eggs sheep comes along eats grass with eggs on ,once in the sheep gut it eats its way through intestine and heads for muscle tissue and and causes a sist and the cycle starts again ,sheep which have trace of c-ovis are past only the ones that have the sists are condemed ,its just something to think about when feeding raw meat even more so if your like me and go on friends farms ,if you freeze your meat for something like 10 days i think it is at -10 i believe this kills any chance of the tapeworm starting of again ,yes this only happens in cases where the dog has been given infected meat ,may be best to check up on the facts of this but its just something to think about

just a quick piont about feeding raw ,i feed my dogs raw but just about 2 months ago i had a phone call from a farm where i have permission the farmer had sent a load of lambs to slaughter and had some of them condemed because of something called C-OVIS ,seemingly the sheep get this c-ovis from dogs shit out of dogs which have had raw meat basically this is how it works

dog eats a piece of meat which contains this c-ovis sist in the sist there is a tape worm head which once it reaches the dogs gut kicks back into life producing thousands of eggs your dog shits every where and in every shit drops what i think is around 250,00 eggs sheep comes along eats grass with eggs on ,once in the sheep gut it eats its way through intestine and heads for muscle tissue and and causes a sist and the cycle starts again ,sheep which have trace of c-ovis are past only the ones that have the sists are condemed ,its just something to think about when feeding raw meat even more so if your like me and go on friends farms ,if you freeze your meat for something like 10 days i think it is at -10 i believe this kills any chance of the tapeworm starting of again ,yes this only happens in cases where the dog has been given infected meat ,may be best to check up on the facts of this but its just something to think about

good bit of information im scepitcal of dead or fallen live stock i cook it only give them what thye catch raw all the best