A Rare Opportunity

It's not an easy thing to do, but we are trying to find a new home for one of our horses. We have two and feel that we can't decide which one to keep out of them both, we love the two equally and it will be a sad day when one goes.

"Snowball" is a four and a half year old unridden mare and is white in colour, well actually, she is brown at the moment from rolling in the mud apart from that she has no real vices.

"Coco" is an eighteen month old stallion, dark brown/black in colour with a bit of white on his face and has four white socks.

Both are "chipped" and have passports. They are both pets and we would like one of them to go to a home with a similar outlook, all they do is graze the fields and have freedom to do so.

The only reason we feel we have to do this, is, time, we feel two horses require more time than we can give and rather than them both have a little time with us, the one who stays can have more and would like any interested parties to bare this in mind. There is a monthly horse sale in our village and the easy option would be to take them there, but I'm afraid we are not that type of family, we love our animals and want them to be loved by any new owners.

With this in mind, we will give the horse to any genuine future owners who agree that the horse is not for financial gain, just a pet.

Thanks for your time..........Al

Guest Jane Russell

Please don't give the horse to anyone. Make sure you only put him/her out on long-term loan. However hard you try to make sure he/she goes to a genuine home, once you give him/her away, there is nothing you can do about what happens to him/her after. There are a lot of non-genuine people out there who make their living by appearing to be sincere.

Jane

whats the breeding of horses ? and have you any idea what height the stallion will eventually make ?

Coco, the stallion is a dark bay cob, at present stands about 12 to 14HH, not sure what he will eventually make.

Snowball, the mare, is about 12HH, not really sure of her breeding, unrecorded on her passport.

They are just pets that were bought to live here and graze our land and we thought that one day our daughter may show an interest in riding them........Al

Don't forget that horses are naturally herding animals. If you get rid of one, the other may be very lonely if it was used to having company and may be miserable, especially if you don't, as you say, have much time for them. :(

To be honest littlefish, I'd rather have one have the amount of time that is spent with two if you understand me, I think that it would then be quality time rather than necessary time.

As for lonely, they also have the dogs with them, which is a nice thing to whitness, thanks for your comments, very much appreciated as each day I think about not wanting to have to do this and as response is very negative, I can't see him ever going.................Al :thumbs-up:

To add a positive slant - if you get rid of one you lessen the chance of the mare getting pregnant and then you'll end up with three!

Good luck with your decision, I know it's got to be a hard one.

:clapper: ......thanks, Al :thumbs-up:

Its a pity you werent a bit closer Al, my OH is moving her gelding (pic below) nearer home and is looking for a companion for him. Your wee mare would have been ideal! Good luck in finding a home.

Picture287.jpg

thanks for that, he's a fine looking boy there, ours are intent on playing in the mud these days.........Al :thumbs-up: