Tess got her first Rabbit!

I haven't posted for a while but thought I'd share this with you guys, I told the missus and I just got "oh thats nice" :doh:

Went out last night with a mate for a look about, he had his rifle and I took the dogs along, took Tess out for the first time on the lamp just to watch Roo working and get her to see what the craic is.

Roo had a couple of quick runs off the back of the truck, and had two big plump young bunnies in the bag in as many minutes, Tess had stood on the back of the truck watching him running about and was showing real interest, but held her back just to watch the action.

Half way through the night we were heading across the centre of a field when we picked out a rabbit squatting down, as we approached it squatted tighter, an opportunity too good to miss and a perfect starter for a pup. I got tess on the slip. 2yds away it was up and off, she got straight on it, a few failed strikes and a bit of a fumble but she finally managed to get it pinned. Then bless her she performed a perfect retrieve live to hand!!! no messing, no circling, nothing! She did snatch at it a bit once I took it from her but apart from that it just as you always hope it would be!!!

Thanks for reading.

Edited by bullmastiff

I haven't posted for a while but thought I'd share this with you guys, I told the missus and I just got "oh thats nice" :doh:

Went out last night with a mate for a look about, he had his rifle and I took the dogs along, took Tess out for the first time on the lamp just to watch Roo working and get her to see what the craic is.

Roo had a couple of quick runs off the back of the truck, and had two big plump young bunnies in the bag in as many minutes, Tess had stood on the back of the truck watching him running about and was showing real interest, but held her back just to watch the action.

Half way through the night we were heading across the centre of a field when we picked out a rabbit squatting down, as we approached it squatted tighter, an opportunity too good to miss and a perfect starter for a pup. I got tess on the slip. 2yds away it was up and off, she got straight on it, a few failed strikes and a bit of a fumble but she finally managed to get it pinned. Then bless her she performed a perfect retrieve live to hand!!! no messing, no circling, nothing! She did snatch at it a bit once I took it from her but apart from that it just as you always hope it would be!!!

Thanks for reading.

Well done mate, we all know that feeling mate, the pride lol.

Tell me about it! my heart was bursting out my chest! must of looked like a right plank on my knees with arms wide as Tess brought it back! lol!

Well done mate, know the feeling well when it's their first catch and retrieve it can bring a lump to your throat.

as for kneeling down with arms out stretch is the best thing you could do sod what anyone else thinks.

with a pup on its first catch I don't care if it takes the rest of the night, I want that pup to bring it to me.

Once again well done and keep it up.