making my first long net

well i have made 100s of purse nets the past few years and i now need another long net so im going to make a 25yrd net when my goodies arrive. how many meshes will it need and how much time does it take to make on average i can make a 3ft6 long net in around a hour if thats any help and help would be good thanks

Edited by clabby

I'd go 14 meshes high and its up to you but i'd try for 100% bagging so your aiming for 50 yards of net .And dont worry about the spped as one slipping knot and the nets no use

I'd go 14 meshes high and its up to you but i'd try for 100% bagging so your aiming for 50 yards of net .And dont worry about the spped as one slipping knot and the nets no use

mate cheers ill be using 8oz nylon and double knotting to eliminate any chance of a knot slipping. well i got 3 1/2 months should be able to have it done easily in time

cheers rich

Same here knitting purse nets all summer double knotting every knot to lessen the chance of a slip ,knitt till im bored or my hands get sore then have a break

Good luck with it .. not something i could do personaly .. well if you wanted to use it anyway.. post a pic of the the net when you have done it :thumbs: