buying an air rifle

Springer or pr-charge? And what do you want to spend?

springer i think money is not a huge issue

How much do you want to spend on a springer, they varey in price up to around £600, there are a lot of good second hand springers popping up for sale on the site if you keep your eyes peeled :thumbs:

Springer or pr-charge? And what do you want to spend?

springer i think money is not a huge issue

How much do you want to spend on a springer, they varey in price up to around £600, there are a lot of good second hand springers popping up for sale on the site if you keep your eyes peeled :thumbs:

prob just couple of hundred quid was loking for bit of information on power would the 12lb pressure gun be good enough for what im after

get a second hand weihrauch or air arms mate you wont be dissapointed with anything they produce. i'd personally go for either a hw80, 97 or 77 or with air arms a prosport or tx if you can get a .20 be best cal for maggies i reckon but might be a bit tricky to come across i'd go .177 after that but if youre going to be going for rabbits too maybe just stick with .22 by the way all those guns are quite heavy in some peoples opinions so might be worth a feel of one at a local gun shop if you can?

Hi Scal buddy,

Here are some spring piston rifles in order that I would buy if money wasn’t a big issue for vermin control.

This is just my personal preference and others will have different ideas:

Weihrauch HW97KT

Air Arms Pro Sport

Air Arms TX 200 HC

Weihrauch HW 97K

Weihrauch HW 95K

Webley .22 Stingray (XS) (£215) brand new with silencer.

All the rifles are at just less than 12 foot pounds (ft/lbs). You won’t get a rifle any closer than these to the legal limit or you could end up having a FAC illegal rifle and risk a prison sentence.

If you only wanted to shoot occasionally but wanted a rifle that would kill all UK legal vermin and is the same power as the top list of rifles then look seriously at these rifles:

Webley & Scott .22 Stingray II (Carbine)

Webley .22 Xocet Break Barrel

Weihrauch .22 HW 35 Break Barrel

Webley .22 Stingray Break Barrel

BSA .22 Lightning Break Barrel

All these are good rifles and if your good enough will kill at the same range as the above rifles.

Si