Why can't I hit Loopers

I seem to have a severe hang up with loopers.

I can hit well over half of long crossers - last outing 9 out of 10 so my judgement of the forward allowance is about right usually for distance and speed.

The problem comes with loopers.

Last outing 1 out of 10 - normal for me I am shamed to admit.

I have a fair idea of the amount of lead in front and below according to the arc of travel but consistently miss.

I think I must be stopping the gun- what is the solution ?

Any advice/guidance gratefully received.

I can hit well over half of long crossers - last outing 9 out of 10 so my judgement of the forward allowance is about right usually for distance and speed.

I have a fair idea of the amount of lead in front and below according to the arc of travel but consistently miss.

Keep swinging the gun through..

A looper will need a fair amount of lead. normally about half again of what a standard clay would at the same distance. Try and shoot them on the rise and go up with it rather then trying to shoot it falling.

i never realy had any bother with them but i know where my gun is hitting if you gun shoot like a trap gun or a sporter it makes a big difference,

shooting over them is most shooter downfall try and shoot them at the peak of flight as said above and before standing in look at them in flight point at them with your hand and follow them, try and read them tbh you have a bigger target to hit as it on edge and open up abit choke wise, i hate when people say more lead unless he/she there standing behind you some swing faster than other !!!! i shoot with clayman off this site and his 3foot ahead is my 1 1/2 feet ahead we just shoot two different styles

stopping the gun can make you miss i'd try and shoot them fast doing this stop's you stopping the gun

let the gun flow under the clay pass it out and pull but try and keep the gun moveing in the arc even after pulling the shot ,

don't take this the wrong way but fair idea is not good enough, be sure , start at afew inches in front , then a foot then two and so on till you hit it now you can't do this at every shoot so you just have to learn to read the birds, but as i said loopers are the easyest bird to hit due to it being on edge[big target] but the key is to be below the bird most gun shoot high and most shooter cut across the bird instead of flowing the gun in the arc and get it down

hope this help you some bit

atb sounder

i never realy had any bother with them but i know where my gun is hitting if you gun shoot like a trap gun or a sporter it makes a big difference,

shooting over them is most shooter downfall try and shoot them at the peak of flight as said above and before standing in look at them in flight point at them with your hand and follow them, try and read them tbh you have a bigger target to hit as it on edge and open up abit choke wise, i hate when people say more lead unless he/she there standing behind you some swing faster than other !!!! i shoot with clayman off this site and his 3foot ahead is my 1 1/2 feet ahead we just shoot two different styles

stopping the gun can make you miss i'd try and shoot them fast doing this stop's you stopping the gun

let the gun flow under the clay pass it out and pull but try and keep the gun moveing in the arc even after pulling the shot ,

don't take this the wrong way but fair idea is not good enough, be sure , start at afew inches in front , then a foot then two and so on till you hit it now you can't do this at every shoot so you just have to learn to read the birds, but as i said loopers are the easyest bird to hit due to it being on edge[big target] but the key is to be below the bird most gun shoot high and most shooter cut across the bird instead of flowing the gun in the arc and get it down

hope this help you some bit

atb sounder

Cheers guys for the advice.

It depends how the target is presented and where it can be shot.

When they are presented as a crosser and they can be shot at the top segment of the arc I have no problem.

Its the B***ers that you can only shoot on the drop that get me every time - it does not seem a natural swing for me to pull the gun down which is why I think I must be stopping the gun.

with loopers lots of people have bother with them,i do it like this,,imagine there on a rainbow then pick your point on that rainbow where you want to kill it,but i shoot maintained lead so maybe easier for me im not sure but thats what i do just pick a point to fire and follow the clay on the arc keeping the maintained lead,,most people with loopers miss high not low,and i always shoot it on its downward turn but if you watch a few and imagine the rainbow it give you a clearer mark as to its travel and kill point

with loopers lots of people have bother with them,i do it like this,,imagine there on a rainbow then pick your point on that rainbow where you want to kill it,but i shoot maintained lead so maybe easier for me im not sure but thats what i do just pick a point to fire and follow the clay on the arc keeping the maintained lead,,most people with loopers miss high not low,and i always shoot it on its downward turn but if you watch a few and imagine the rainbow it give you a clearer mark as to its travel and kill point

A bit of success today.\result 00,0K,K0,KK,KK.

Less lead than I had been giving them( Proving that a friend,an international shot, who had always been telling me "give it more" did not really know where I was shooting) and a bit closer to the point of radius if you know what I mean. Chuffed to bits.

A bit of success today.\result 00,0K,K0,KK,KK.

Less lead than I had been giving them( Proving that a friend,an international shot, who had always been telling me "give it more" did not really know where I was shooting) and a bit closer to the point of radius if you know what I mean. Chuffed to bits.

i hate when people say more lead unless he/she there standing behind you

as i said i hate when they say this lol keep at it mate glad your doing better, read the bird's

well done

atb sounder

• 4 months later...