Kits dying and developing deformity

I had two litters like that years ago and got the lot put down ,The vet reckoned it was because i was feeding them pet dog food mince and there was no roughage ect in it ,Since then any litters ive bred ive feed rabbits from three weeeks of age and never had a problem

This would point to it being purely a diet based problem, the kits did not have as much roughage as I would normally give as I am moving shortly and didn’t have much rabbit stocked up for this reason. Having looked into the disease mentioned above it would be genetic and diet only a small contribution towards them getting ill. I have always given mince to kits at the early stage and never had a problem before and this led me to believe it would have to be genetically related.

Has any one else who has had this problem given kits mince or butchered meat rather than hole carcass?

if its osteodystrophy then its said the cause is not enough calcium in there diet & the condition seems to manifest at around 6 weeks old ... and it seems to be associated with feeding muscle rich meats rather than whole carcass ... i have had a kit with this condition that i took in ....its front legs were typically sticking out to the side & it never really got any better even with a change of diet

but i can say the ferret managed & the condition didnt get any worse , but in all fairness it didnt have the spinal problems that some kits can also get with this condition