JSR & Nikko scopes?

What are the main differences between the 2 apart from price? Are they both decent scopes? Any help is appriciated befor I go ahead and buy

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products/riflescopes-jsr-optics/jsr41644-jsr-target-pro-4-16x44-px-adj-mil-dot-riflescope.html

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products/riflescopes-nikko-stirling/nsgk41644-nikko-stirling-gameking-4-16x44-px-ao-adjustable-mil-dot.html

or should I go for the 50mm? It's for my s400, I some times use a logun gun lamp if that helps.

I was also wondering.... I have seen the same scopes on pics with sort of a extended end, what is this for, does it help with vision when using a gun lamp because sometimes I find when using one it's hard to focus on your target, sort of too much light at the end of the scope?

Cheers

What are the main differences between the 2 apart from price? Are they both decent scopes? Any help is appriciated befor I go ahead and buy

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products/riflescopes-jsr-optics/jsr41644-jsr-target-pro-4-16x44-px-adj-mil-dot-riflescope.html

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products/riflescopes-nikko-stirling/nsgk41644-nikko-stirling-gameking-4-16x44-px-ao-adjustable-mil-dot.html

or should I go for the 50mm? It's for my s400, I some times use a logun gun lamp if that helps.

I was also wondering.... I have seen the same scopes on pics with sort of a extended end, what is this for, does it help with vision when using a gun lamp because sometimes I find when using one it's hard to focus on your target, sort of too much light at the end of the scope?

Cheers

You have to accept that neither are brilliant.

I rate the JSR and have this very scope, glass is good, not much else is, and the allen key turrets do my head. 10m minimum, good!

The Nikko is 15m minimum, not so good for air rifle but turrets are better, I think the build generally will have the edge on the JSR but the glass isn't quite as good.

So there you go...6 of one and half a dozen of another :whistling::hmm::thumbs:

dont buy new cheap scopes buy good second hand at least you know when your out at night you will see what you are shooting at,but what ever you buy just make sure your shot is safe as in these times we all need to watch what we do.

paul

The turrets are the sticky up bits that you use to adjust the POA (point of aim).

Yes, they may be an improvement on the Hawke, but for the same money you can get a far better second hand scope which will be another level of improvement.

Also the "extended end" you speak of is a sunshade attachment which screws into the end of the objective lens of the scope. It's used in sistuations where the sun enters the scope causing lens flare and glare, affecting the picture. Also prevents the sun reflecting off the lense giving away your position. Reduces usability at night as it restricts the amount of light entering the scope, giving a dimmer picture, probably doesn't make much of a difference.

Thanks matt and sam that's made it easy for me to understand :) so the sunshade wouldn't help me when lamping?

I just think the scopes look good aswell with them being a bit longer and have that twisty bit at the end haha I have loads of pics here of decent guns with those scopes on or is there another more expensive version which looks similar?

Id say niether of these will be any good for you, both look more like rifle scopes, giving a max of 300yds, were as on your air rifle your looking at a max of 40yds, bit of a difference, remember the more magnification you have, the more you'll notice the "rifle shake"

and a nice looking/better than a basic scope, wont improve your aim or hit rate, if anything it'll make it worse,

Thanks matt and sam that's made it easy for me to understand :) so the sunshade wouldn't help me when lamping?

I just think the scopes look good aswell with them being a bit longer and have that twisty bit at the end haha I have loads of pics here of decent guns with those scopes on or is there another more expensive version which looks similar?

The JSR scope is a badged US Leapers, same as the AGS versions if you find any.

I've got the 8-32x56 version.

Glass is good for the price.

I've got EB, Simmons & Bushnell scopes as well & have sold on many others inc' Falcon & MTC.

My advice is buy a better scope s/hand in hardly used condition unless you do want new.

Many bargains can be found with quality scopes & the cheaper VFM budget ones.

Scopes are individual to the owner, what one person likes & rates highly is termed as terrible for another, that's why quite a few scopes are sold hardly used, nowt wrong just not suited.

Go down to your local shop, be up front & say you have no money & not buying today but can you have a look through a few different scopes to get an idea of what you'r going to buy in the near future, pick a slack time in the shop though.

That will give you an idea how scope are different.

I've not fitted or used mine yet but out of the box It looks VFM, not the best but compared to the Chinese clone NON-VFMF scope I have at presant, well no contest.

Thanks matt and sam that's made it easy for me to understand :)so the sunshade wouldn't help me when lamping?

Sunshades can often be VERY useful when lamping as they can stop a lot of lamp reflected glare from the moderator. Not always required though.

They are also very useful at daybreak and dusk when the sun is very low and bright, and always seems to be in your face!!

ALL my sunshades live on all my scopes!!