Old ways are sometimes best

Last night I got out for a shine, you got to hate the light evenings. Was trying an assortment of different calls including electronic. The one that worked best last night was the old clothes peg and tape method. A dog fox came into within 100m before 60gr v-max put his lights out.

Last night I got out for a shine, you got to hate the light evenings. Was trying an assortment of different calls including electronic. The one that worked best last night was the old clothes peg and tape method. A dog fox came into within 100m before 60gr v-max put his lights out.

Nice one.....no photos?

I have to agree I hate the fact it just doesn't get dark at the moment.thumbdown.gif

please enlighten me.

i have recently shot my first fox, and i squelled it in from 200 yards untill it was 10 ft from me and shot it clean dead. was a lovely feeling having a clean kill on my first fox!

this method you have been talking about peg and tape is it? how does that work if you would not mind explaining??

thank you.

Basically you get two wooden clothes pegs and tape them flat side to flat, you put a piece of video tape in between the two pegs to create a sort if reed. It is easy to blow and I find if you leave a few mill of a gap you can vary the pitch by bitting on the pegs.

I posted from an iPhone so I am not sure how to upload.

well done quicksilver... looks a big 1. :gunsmilie:

I was begining to think that you men were like the pied piper for foxes and all our fixes were heading south. I get more foxes in a night with you guys than 2 months on my own permissions. We are out tomorrow night after the rabbits and will definately get a chance to test mates pulsar digiscope. I will give you a shout Wednesday for a catch up.

If you can get off Monday or Tuesday night next week we can visit the guy I was telling you about they seem to be causing damage in the day as well.

well done quicksilver... looks a big 1. :gunsmilie:

I was begining to think that you men were like the pied piper for foxes and all our fixes were heading south. I get more foxes in a night with you guys than 2 months on my own permissions. We are out tomorrow night after the rabbits and will definately get a chance to test mates pulsar digiscope. I will give you a shout Wednesday for a catch up.

If you can get off Monday or Tuesday night next week we can visit the guy I was telling you about they seem to be causing damage in the day as well.

sound keith will do my best .interested to know how good the pulsar digiscope is by night .