What time to start pigeon shooting ?

Hi all :D

As i'm quite new to pigeon shooting i was just wondering what time in the morning is it acceptable to start pigeon shooting at this time of year.

I seem to have heard that it's around 8 am , is this correct ?

On my permission there are about 4 cottages within a stones throw of the nearest field and i don't really want to upset anybody if i can help it ,

Many thanks ,

John :unsure:

Edited by mjr88

hi mate,

thats a difficult one, what one person considers early others dont but in all honesty you would probably do better to spend your morning watching all the fields available to you and establish which one will shoot on that day because pigeons are very fickle birds, ive looked a field full of them on a friday and saw next to nothing when shooting it on saturday.this time of year you'll probably shoot bigger bags from around lunchtime into early evening if youve done your homework as morning flights can be short lived.

hope this helps.

atb and good luck.

alan.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all :D

As i'm quite new to pigeon shooting i was just wondering what time in the morning is it acceptable to start pigeon shooting at this time of year.

I seem to have heard that it's around 8 am , is this correct ?

On my permission there are about 4 cottages within a stones throw of the nearest field and i don't really want to upset anybody if i can help it ,

Many thanks ,

John :unsure:

why dont u call in and have a chat with the tenants tell them date and time u wish to shoot the field. Ask if they dont mind early noise if nothing else it will stop armed police stopping in with u and tenants might be able to tell u were birds are in ur fields. local knowledge is best knowledge u might even get a shooting partner out of it ATB Andy