Hi Guy's i need a bit of advise here i have been working hard to try to get the tolerances down on my bullets after reloading. The thing is i am not sure what is acceptable as i can't see how you can get them all identical ?. This is what i am getting and i can't seem to better it, what do you think.This load is for my .204 Ruger

Case length after trim = 1.840 to 1.841.

Ogive = 1.929 to 1.931

COL = 2.247 to 2.249

Shootingcharley :hmm:

Edited by shootingcharley

that isnt bad mate i dont think that would make much difference at all. dont forget event to the ogive the bullets could have a slight difference in them.

i go to 1.950 for my 22/250 to the ogive. some times it go's to 1.952 but i havent seen any difference in accuracy.

Edited by jamie g

Just had the same conversation with a mate..and that small of a diff will not make any diff in your shots..when you are bringing the ram down on your press to seat the bullet into the case try turning a quarter..ie the case as you are seating..making sure you fully rotate the case as your seating..

May help may not but its no big deal and certainly not worth worrying about..inless they are NOT grouping ??

Mick

that is close enough in tolerance in a hunting rifle or any other for that matter..

you won't notice any difference in accuracy.. the only thing you might wanna check is the concentricity of the brass before and after loading...

then batch according to runout...

uniform the primer pocket depth, and deburr the flash hole, and you eliminate a few more varaibles...

ATB.

Snap.