Bolting foxes

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are lads who go all season accounting for a lot of foxes and rarely have to dig. Wether it's bolting foxes to guns, lurchers ,hounds or into nets. A lot depends on the type of terrier used, the

i'm Not takin the piss. i just want want to get rid of foxes like every body else

Then do it by the book...learn some respect for your quarry.

You cant run before you can walk - get some experience with someone else and learn to do it the right way.

Too many young guys dive in at the deep end and by-pass all the invaluable tools you also require to be a good terrierman - respect for your quarry, respect for your dog and it's welfare, respect for the land you are digging.

Get a ferret and learn yourself from the bottom up.

But before you do then, go back and edit your posts - killing foxes with steel rods and bow and arrows! LOL

This is 2010, and your not robin hood.

FTB

i'm Not takin the piss. i just want want to get rid of foxes like every body else

Then do it by the book...learn some respect for your quarry.

You cant run before you can walk - get some experience with someone else and learn to do it the right way.

Too many young guys dive in at the deep end and by-pass all the invaluable tools you also require to be a good terrierman - respect for your quarry, respect for your dog and it's welfare, respect for the land you are digging.

Get a ferret and learn yourself from the bottom up.

But before you do then, go back and edit your posts - killing foxes with steel rods and bow and arrows! LOL

This is 2010, and your not robin hood.

FTB

:thumbs::thumbs:

Why is ever one else against people that just wants to learn???

yes i don't know or don't have years of hunting back ground.

Ive told you what you need to do. You need to find someone willing to take you on and show you the ropes - there is only so much you will learn from a computer - especially when you show an aparent lack of knowledge.

If you are truly interested in this, for the right reasons, someone will help you out.

If you dont want to learn the right way, or are interested in it for the wrong reasons - no one will help you.

FTB

Why is ever one else against people that just wants to learn???

yes i don't know or don't have years of hunting back ground.

Ive told you what you need to do. You need to find someone willing to take you on and show you the ropes - there is only so much you will learn from a computer - especially when you show an aparent lack of knowledge.

If you are truly interested in this, for the right reasons, someone will help you out.

If you dont want to learn the right way, or are interested in it for the wrong reasons - no one will help you.

FTB

i am doing it for the right reasons. i had a ferret years ago and thats why i do want to learn. the hunters around here don't like taking newbies along. i'll just keep trying thats all i can do. thanks

Easy on him lads, remember hes from oz and the atmosphere and outlook are completely different down there,

the fox is not indigenous and looked upon as out and out vermin, i mean more so than here, still no excuse for inhumane methods mind.

Cathunter what part of oz you from?

Easy on him lads, remember hes from oz and the atmosphere and outlook are completely different down there,

the fox is not indigenous and looked upon as out and out vermin, i mean more so than here, still no excuse for inhumane methods mind.

Cathunter what part of oz you from?

thanks. i'm for ballarat in victoria. i would hate to be inhumane to any animal! but yes your right, they are classed as vermin. one of the worst we have here, the other is the feral cats.

RESPECT FOR YOUR QUARRY OR DONT EVEN BOTHER PUTTING A DOG IN.FIND SOMEBODY TO TAKE YOU OUT WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY DOING,THAT WILL GIVE YOU A START.DIFFERENT LAWS IN DIFFERENT COUNTRYS BUT WHEREVER YOU ARE YOU SHOULD RESPECT THE QUARRY YOU ARE WORKING.ENOUGH MESSERS AROUND WHO f**k IT UP FOR THE DECENT LADS ALREADY.ALL THE BEST MOUSE.

go out with somone that has a gun bloody hell lad what kind of person hunts foxs without a gun if you had explained what you were

at in your first post i wouldn even have wasted my time replying the warm weather in oz must have your brain cooked :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

ok ill tell you a way to get them out but i will probably get throwen off this site for telling ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ theres an old secret way of bolting foxs it was done before there were guns

you have to get up early in the morning for it to have best results

start by making a big fry loads of bacon

take it to the fox hole just as its starting to get bright

leave the fry outside and let the smell travel down the hole

stand about 15 foot away from the plate with a knife and fork in your left hand

when foxy comes out to tuck into the fry [who could resist like mmmmm] and sees theres no knife or fork

gently call him and say here ya go lad i forgot to leave these and show him the knife and fork

as he approachs you to get them put them out at half an arms length

as he reaches to take them off you at the last second POKE HIM IN THE EYES with two fingers on your right hand

this will stun the fox and allow you to use what ever you want to dispatch him in your case a rubber hammer

and you can still eat the fry :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: