Scoping Distances

Hi.

I should receive firearms in next couple of weeks. I already have a CZ .22LR & a CZ .17HMR at the RFD and am planning to get a .223 soon.

I have had shotguns for a lot of years, but never rifles. So I am looking for advice on the best zeroing distances for the rifles, I was planning to zero the .22LR @ 50 yrds but not sure about the other two?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Steve..

maybe peoples do diffrent distance, me, i do 50metre or yard for 22 rimfire ,200 metre or yard 223calibre , also all other calibre 223 bigger to 200m zero. I say for 17hmr i think maybe 100m-yard, i never have ,as is too fragile .

Thanks for the info lads.

That link provides a lot of useful information, do I take it that the Mid-Range Trajectory is the best zeroing range?

Looks like this range calculation could be bit complicated, maybe I should also look at getting a range finder?

Cheers

i do 60 yards for the 22lr that way rabbits what are out to 80 is less hold over then say'' zeroing at 50 yards.

for the hmr i do 100 yards.

and for the centrefire go 1 inch high at 100 yards. which would be around bang on for 200 yards. [ depending on ammo and so on'' ]

• Like 1

60yards .22lr (Subs)

100 yards HMR

200 yards .223 (and all my centrefires)

The zero you need is what suits your land, for example, if you can't find a distance further than 100 yards to shoot your .223 anywhere on your land its a bit daft zeroing it for 200 yards!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Cheers guys.

Just bought a CZ 527 .223 Varmint, comes with a SYSS Sportac Mod & a Barska 3-12x50 huntmaster pro IR.

Is this ok for the .223, or should I use my Leapers 6-24x50 & use the Barska for my .17HMR?

I will get them all sorted eventually?

Steve

Cheers guys.

Just bought a CZ 527 .223 Varmint, comes with a SYSS Sportac Mod & a Barska 3-12x50 huntmaster pro IR.

Is this ok for the .223, or should I use my Leapers 6-24x50 & use the Barska for my .17HMR?

Steve

Hi steve

Ref to scopes..personally the 223 has more range than 17hmr so there fore put the scope with more mag on the 223 and the one with less mag on 17hmr.

Mick

Cheers guys.

Steve

Hi steve

Ref to scopes..personally the 223 has more range than 17hmr so there fore put the scope with more mag on the 223 and the one with less mag on 17hmr.

Mick

Cheers Mick.

That is what I will do.

My .22 - Richter 3-9x40

My .17HMR - Barska 3-12x50 Huntmaster Pro

My .223 - Leapers 6-24x50

Sorted?

Steve

Edited by StevieBambs
  • 5 weeks later...

Cheers Mick.

That is what I will do.

My .22 - Richter 3-9x40

My .17HMR - Barska 3-12x50 Huntmaster Pro

My .223 - Leapers 6-24x50

Sorted?

Steve

Used the scopes onto the rifles mentioned.

Zeroed .22LR @ 50yrds, .17 @ 100yrds & .223 - 1" high @ 100yrds.

Out lamping Thurs night (well nearly Fri morning, didn't go dark till after 11pm) & got first fox at over 150 yrds, hopefully 1st of many.

Steve