New to ferreting!!

I'm thinkin about getting a ferret and getting into the sport!!

Only thing is I don't really know where to start I know a few people who go ferreting Iv'e been and really enjoyed!!

Iv'e got a 12 week old Lurcher and would like to introduce her to a kit now!!

I want a gill as Iv'e been told there better workers!! Is this True?? :blink:

I would need to get a hutch to could anyone point me in the right direction?? I don't want to pay full whack but I would need a decent one!!!

What kind of foods do they eat to??

Cheers

Happy Hunting Math :drink::yahoo:

Read through all the ferreting page's you will get all the info you need.. i will answer one question for you though mate you mentioned jill's being better worker's... it's a load of rubbish both sex's are equal but you have an advantage with using a hob when you are doing the big warren's as they dont tire as quickly..

Millet

WHY DO YOU SAY THAT A HOB IS FITTER THAN A JILL

MILLET I RECKON THATS BULLSHIT

FAIRLY NEW TO IT MYSELF MATE...but i would say dont have 1 ferret have 2 as there very social animals and they love to play ..i ended up with 4...as for the hutch dont fecking buy one build one you can get sheets of ply for like 1o quid second hand and youl build a mutch better ferret cage than you can buy..if you can build a court ,youle see how happy they are in there lol...and most inportant get a locatore i didnt a first and its was a pain in the arse wondering where you ferret was ..if it had fukced off....if it was layed up..ect.....and feed good grub i only feed meat be it rabbit bird mouse.leave the fur head ect on they will love it i only gut the bunnys leave in the heart kidnys ect as for the birds they go in whole..like i said mate ime new to but this is what i do and mine are doing great ps do clean them out well rotten meat can cause bitcholism and you dont need that ;)

Seem's as you recon it's bullshit KING would you care to explain why.. i know it's not but i would like to here of your experiences with both sexes of ferret..

Millet

millet i have worked both hob's and jill's and haven't seen much difference. if anything the 2 jills i have now work better than the hobs i have had.they seem to work the burries faster and can go all day with out slowing down im not saying that jill's are better than hob's i think that they should be all classed the same but i will say that obviously a fat ferret will be slower than a slim ferret.it.'s like saying a male dog workes better than a bitch..dog. they are equal in my eyes but if you go

on a building site and watch the labourers the skinny boys would do twice the work the bigger lads would do and that i know from experience.so i would say a smaller animal could work for longer than a big animal.but thats my thought's

ive worked ferrets on and off for a few years ,i started with hobs but i found that they got a bit to good at the job and endid up laying up :censored: so ive worked gills ever since , i find they work great for me :D , but its each to there own :yes: