insurance

there is if you hit someone or something mate. i basc is the best one @ around £75p/year. i use countryside alliance though, £15 for year and covers all field sports

cheers for that i will look at the cheeper one it sounds better...thumbs.gif

i was thinking the same thing, going to sort some out this month, do you think land owners will be more willing to grant permission if I have insurance?

it sounds like its a good idea to me i am going to do it as soon as possible.yes.gif

May or may not be relevant to you, but I went with BASC after being told by several farmers I visited they would not let anyone on their land without it. They dismissed things like BASA as "mickey mouse outfits" who would not be there if ever you needed them.

I am not saying these landowners are correct in their assessment, but their opinions are what matters when it comes to getting permissions.

May or may not be relevant to you, but I went with BASC after being told by several farmers I visited they would not let anyone on their land without it. They dismissed things like BASA as "mickey mouse outfits" who would not be there if ever you needed them.

I am not saying these landowners are correct in their assessment, but their opinions are what matters when it comes to getting permissions.

cheers for the advice i will look it to it firsthmm.gif

i was thinking the same thing, going to sort some out this month, do you think land owners will be more willing to grant permission if I have insurance?

hi temper82,i have just got insured with basc for just under £20 mate.gone with basc because i dont no how good the others are,so from every ones addvice gone with basc...hope this helps.bye.gif

hi temper82,i have just got insured with basc for just under £20 mate.gone with basc because i dont no how good the others are,so from every ones addvice gone with basc...hope this helps.bye.gif

Good move :thumbs:

Most landowners are aware of BASC, what they are not aware of though is that the BASA insurance is (I believe and am open to correction, read it somewhere) actually a sub-something or other of BASC and is underwritten by the same company as BASC.

Makes you wonder how much "Markup" BASC put on it to make a profit :hmm:

If anyone knows and can prove any different, I'm open to being corrected :yes:

Gonna have to dig out my paper work and read it from start to finish again now aint I?

Phantom

Most landowners are aware of BASC, what they are not aware of though is that the BASA insurance is (I believe and am open to correction, read it somewhere) actually a sub-something or other of BASC and is underwritten by the same company as BASC.

Makes you wonder how much "Markup" BASC put on it to make a profit hmm.gif

If anyone knows and can prove any different, I'm open to being corrected yes.gif

Gonna have to dig out my paper work and read it from start to finish again now aint I?

Phantom

hi phantom,now you are going to deep mate you lost me already bud.blink.gif