AYA identification help

Hi Folks

Just picked up my first shotgun through an acquaintance and very happy with it condition wise, it is a sbs 28" AYA ejector but not sure which model,have been informed it could be an eighties no4,could anyone confirm this for me and tell me how to differentiate between the models.

Here's a couple of photos that might help.

cheers,Keith

post-45621-127308880194_thumb.jpg

post-45621-127308882235_thumb.jpg

post-45621-12730888375_thumb.jpg

post-45621-127308885408_thumb.jpg

Hi Folks

Just picked up my first shotgun through an acquaintance and very happy with it condition wise, it is a sbs 28" AYA ejector but not sure which model,have been informed it could be an eighties no4,could anyone confirm this for me and tell me how to differentiate between the models.

cheers,Keith

Hi:

I reckon your idea of a No4 is about dead right.

The No4 is a 'better grade' Yeoman with ejectors, excellent guns, but it's hard to tell them apart because

they are really just about identical, I think that there is also a Yeoman ejector as well?

Anyway as a guide better wood, and ejectors are the common denominator.

You can't go wrong with this gun, I can't imagine why 'cheap' OU's are generally more popular, as they are

inferior in almost all departments.

AndyF

Hi Folks

cheers,Keith

100% AYA number 4 I would like a pound for every one I have worked on.

Looks very clean and tidy, a super gun for the money enjoy good move you will not go far wrong with that old lady. SAGE UK GUN REPAIRS.

Have you tried contacting AyA? They should be able to find out the exact model from the serial number!

Just got word back from AYA and they confirm it is indeed a No4 made in 1994

thanks