BAD PRACTICE

Well N.H. love or hate the system you would probably make a great A.W. or at least a trainer. :icon_eek:

Just another point here no-one has said it will stop things going wrong only it wont do any harm and will probably on the whole stop some of these things from happening.

Having your driving lisence dosn't stop crashes from happening but must cut down on accidents from a world full of non trained drivers.

regards john.

Sorry for the misunderstanding mate I certainly aint no messer ,Its just that I've spent a fair bit of my time moping up after idiots and both of them had thier DMQ's......All that DMQ's achieves is to breed guys that think they know it all because they have a piece of paper that tells them so,who is going to clean up after them if we can't.

Nae bother mate. I probably worded it wrong :icon_redface:

All the best

FTB

Well N.H. love or hate the system you would probably make a great A.W. or at least a trainer. :icon_eek:

Just another point here no-one has said it will stop things going wrong only it wont do any harm and will probably on the whole stop some of these things from happening.

Having your driving lisence dosn't stop crashes from happening but must cut down on accidents from a world full of non trained drivers.

regards john.

Hi again john,I would not sit right with my conscience to relieve someone of thier hard earned cash to pass on knowlege that was given to me free of charge from my very close friend and mentor,but I would like to be able to pass this knowlege on to both my sons without us having to pay for three DMQ's,also I would not have a problem passing on these skills as a mentor free of charge.

DCS quoted various fatalities which they claimed were a direct result of deer stalking ,It has since come to light that this was lies and was included to fighten the government and the general public as there have been no recorded accidents or incidents related directly to stalking,and as for the deer welfare arguement I will ask only one question ...What do you think that the scottish public will say if they see deer being chased across the scottish countryside by 4X4 vehihcles and quads or shot from helecopters ?.Lest we forget that deer are a part of scoland's herratige and as such they deserve respect this also includes thier close seasons etc and if DCS get thier way we will soon see deer treated as vermin.It makes me sick that an organisation that was set up to look after deer want to treat them in this manor.DCS should be ashamed of themselves......

Hi again john,I would not sit right with my conscience to relieve someone of thier hard earned cash to pass on knowlege that was given to me free of charge from my very close friend and mentor,but I would like to be able to pass this knowlege on to both my sons without us having to pay for three DMQ's,also I would not have a problem passing on these skills as a mentor free of charge.

Not all A.W.'s Charge?? you could join there ranks and train and witness for free. :thumbs:

Edited by john robbo

Not all A.W.'s Charge?? you could join there ranks and train and witness for free. :thumbs:

I think I will just keep my money in my pocket mate because from what I have just been told the MP that was backing the proposals has been told to reel her neck in hence why she made her excuses and did not attend the meeting last week with BASC,DCS and Scottish National Herratige,Perhapse the government are starting to listen to the people of scotland for a change.

I would urge everyone who is into stalking be it recreational or professional who stand to loose thier stalking or worse still thier jobs to write to your MP's and MSP's and keep the pressure on them remember that they are there to represent your views and they are duty bound to reply to you.

Edited by Night Hunter

sorry for changing the subject a wee bit,but could any of you guys tell me the shooting season for roe,bucks and does in england.ive looked on the basc web site and bds site and a couple of others and the dates dont marry up,cheers :thumbs::thumbs:

Taken from BASC website :

Press releases and events BASC: Compulsory testing plans scrapped for Scottish deer stalking

Wednesday, 05, May 2010 09:22

Planned compulsory testing for deer stalkers in Scotland has been scrapped after lobbying led by the UK's largest shooting organisation, the British Association for Shooting and Conservation (BASC) and supported by other land management organisations. The move would have meant the estimated 20,000 people actively involved in deer management in Scotland having to pass a mandatory test.

This proposal had been expected to be part of the Wildlife and Natural Environment Bill but after successful lobbying these proposals have been shelved. The British Association for Shooting and Conservation (BASC) is one of the main providers of deer stalker training in Scotland but was a principal objector to the introduction of mandatory testing.

The Government proposals could have made existing qualifications redundant. Thousands of stalkers will now be spared the cost of taking new examinations. It will also save considerable amounts of public money which would have been incurred in establishing a register for deer stalkers in Scotland. It will also prevent stalkers resident in Scotland from requiring a higher standard of testing than elsewhere in Europe.

BASC Scotland's press and policy officer, Nicolle Upton, said: "BASC Scotland uncovered misleading guidance regarding deer stalking fatalities in the consultation document for the Wildlife and Natural Environment Bill. BASC's own research showed that three fatalities referred to in the consultation document were not associated with deer stalking, deer stalkers or indeed Scotland. The guidance given to the public in the consultation was misleading and undermined the already weak evidence supporting the argument that deer stalking represents 'a potential risk to public safety'."

"After months of lobbying we are relieved that the Scottish Government has recognised our concerns and removed the requirement for competence testing. Scotland already has one of the best safety records in the world; attributable to the high standards adhered to by our experienced stalkers and the voluntary training taken up by newcomers. We support industry-led voluntary training and believe that, in this area, Government control is both unnecessary and would act as a disincentive for vital deer management."

ENDS

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

REMEMBER KEEP LOBBYING YOUR MP'S AND MSP'S AS IT HAS ONLY BEEN SHELVED

Edited by Night Hunter