Dog and Vixen.

I decided to sit out in one of the valleys because i'd seen a fox mooching about the morning before. I was sitting at the top of one side of the valley hoping to spy the fox coming out of the wood at the bottom. It was just getting dark when i spotted something moving on the far bank, it seemed to of appeared from nowhere and looked like a hare, but after looking through the scope it proved to be a fox slinking up the bank keeping tight to the ground. it was oocasionaly stopping and looking around so with the next brief stop i took the shot. It dropped instantly and rolled down the hill a fair bit, i was ecstatic with the shot and i had to fight the urge to go pick it because i thought the dog might show but it wasn't to be that night. But later that night i got a call saying that the keeper had also got a vixen in a couple of valleys down.

So the next morning i sat out in the same valley but this time on the adjacent side of the wood hoping for the dog. After a while of watching the pheasent pen i heard all the pheasents cocking up in the wood so i knew something was mooching then suddenly from round the corner the fox appeared following the fence line, it was moving quite fast so it didnt present a shot suddenly it squeezed through a gap under the wire and disappeared into the cover. I thought i'd missed my only chance but after about 5 minutes of seing flashes through the small trees it showed at a little oppening, i quickly shrieked (quite embarrasing thinking about it now) but nevertheless it did the trick an dthe dog stopped abruptly and looked in my direction broadside on where i dropped it.

Later that day we found the earth where the cubs where holding up, it was in the wood next to the pen. The cubs where bolted and they where all a fair size, they had been above ground too it seemed from all the cub shit around the hole. Over all it couldn't of came to plan any better.

In the picture of the three foxes the top one was the vixen the keeper shot.

post-21754-127221969779.jpg

post-21754-127221978533.jpg

Edited by harry waudby.

I decided to sit out in one of the valleys because i'd seen a fox mooching about the morning before. I was sitting at the top of one side of the valley hoping to spy the fox coming out of the wood at the bottom. It was just getting dark when i spotted something moving on the far bank, it seemed to of appeared from nowhere and looked like a hare, but after looking through the scope it proved to be a fox slinking up the bank keeping tight to the ground. it was oocasionaly stopping and looking around so with the next brief stop i took the shot. It dropped instantly and rolled down the hill a fair bit, i was ecstatic with the shot and i had to fight the urge to go pick it because i thought the dog might show but it wasn't to be that night. But later that night i got a call saying that the keeper had also got a vixen in a couple of valleys down.

So the next morning i sat out in the same valley but this time on the adjacent side of the wood hoping for the dog. After a while of watching the pheasent pen i heard all the pheasents cocking up in the wood so i knew something was mooching then suddenly from round the corner the fox appeared following the fence line, it was moving quite fast so it didnt present a shot suddenly it squeezed through a gap under the wire and disappeared into the cover. I thought i'd missed my only chance but after about 5 minutes of seing flashes through the small trees it showed at a little oppening, i quickly shrieked (quite embarrasing thinking about it now) but nevertheless it did the trick an dthe dog stopped abruptly and looked in my direction broadside on where i dropped it.

Later that day we found the earth where the cubs where holding up, it was in the wood next to the pen. The cubs where bolted and they where all a fair size, they had been above ground too it seemed from all the cub shit around the hole. Over all it couldn't of came to plan any better.

In the picture of the three foxes the top one was the vixen the keeper shot.

Hope the cubs you boltrd were from te vixen the keeper shot !!!

Nice shooting mate the waiting game pays off big time if you are prepared to sit watch and wait...SPOT ON.