can you treat ferrets for fleas

i used this on mine when she was carrying as she had picked up some ticks from a court mate who had been out working and had no problems,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BEAPHAR-ANTI-PARASITE-SPOT-ON-RABBITS-FERRETS-RATS_W0QQitemZ160426422627QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals?hash=item255a28f163

i went into my pet shop the other day and they rang the company to ask if it was ok for pregnant or lactating ferrets and the company that makes it said no, it doesnt say on the outside of the box but aparently it does on the leaflet inside so i wouldnt use it i think frontline spray is ok tho

Edited by Jamie m

:whistling: we'll see what happens then surly it wont do any harm. frontline is hard to get unless prescripted by the vet init

well up 2 you but if the people who actually make it rekon its harmful and not to bye it there must be some truth , i went into my vets in the winter when myne had ticks and he just gave it to me there an then seeings how they are working ferrets deidnt think there was much point trapesing them all the way there for a bottle of spray frontline. 15 pound well spent still got enuf for next season as well :yes: