dogs nose center wall between nostrels split.

Guest alifeofhunting

Guest alifeofhunting

recently dog has lost a chunk of skin from the centre nose part the bit between two nostrels.

wound has opened up and tip of nose is now pointing up as its not tight and in shape.

its been kept clean and begining to heal but i think it will heel deformed abit.

how can i get the nose to push together for healing.

would normally try to superglue but not on nose due to fumes.

any ideas how i could get the nose pushed together and let it heel back to its normal position????????

recently dog has lost a chunk of skin from the centre nose part the bit between two nostrels.

wound has opened up and tip of nose is now pointing up as its not tight and in shape.

its been kept clean and begining to heal but i think it will heel deformed abit.

how can i get the nose to push together for healing.

would normally try to superglue but not on nose due to fumes.

any ideas how i could get the nose pushed together and let it heel back to its normal position????????

Sorry to hear about your dogs nose. There are some great guy`s and girls on this sit who will be along soon to help you out. Atb

Dart.

AS has already been said: the edges of the wound need scraping to make fresh edges which can grow back together. YOu can't do this without knocking the dog out without causing it a lot of pain, besides which I doubt very much if it would let you. Then it needs properly suturing. Trying to patch up a badly healing wound after its gone wrong is never a good scenario.

IMO, if someone can't cook they should stay out of the kitchen, or at least befriend a chef who can show them the ropes BEFORE they start cooking, if you get my drift.

What really pisses me off about today's society is that this lad would have been unlikely to now be in this situation if vets, PDSA etc were more about helping the animals than prosecuting the owners. Education not punishment is what its all about.

• Like 1