Help with Dummy Launcher

just in need of some help i recently bought a second hand dummy launcher of ebay and have been quite disappointed with it. the launcher itself fires but the dummy is only going 25 or 30 yards. the blanks that i am using are super x and have got a red end. when i fire the blanks the side of the case is bursting have i been sold a dodgy launcher. the person i bought the launcher off sayed to me that he uses the purple blanks from turner richards would these make any difference.

cheers any help would be a help.

just in need of some help i recently bought a second hand dummy launcher of ebay and have been quite disappointed with it. the launcher itself fires but the dummy is only going 25 or 30 yards. the blanks that i am using are super x and have got a red end. when i fire the blanks the side of the case is bursting have i been sold a dodgy launcher. the person i bought the launcher off sayed to me that he uses the purple blanks from turner richards would these make any difference.

cheers any help would be a help.

I use yellow blanks made by vawter in mine. They are for the launcher, and get close to 75yds Without a tail wind. Red should go farther still. I've never seen purple. The casing bursting sounds like a problem with the chamber. Assuming the caliber is correct. You could be loosing all your power there. As opposed to pushing the dummy.

ATB

You don't want to be using RED blanks ..to powerfull....yellows and greens are fine...I would suggest a good clean and new O ring......check the inside of the dummy your using..is it smooth inside?? is it hard to put on the launcher?? I good tip for cleaning the inside of a launcher dummy is use the 12bore wire brush on the rod...put the rod in a cordless drill ..a few dropps of barrel cleaner and spin away..