Ferrets in the Newspaper!

Now i don't read the Daily Mail but yesterday someone brought a copy round to my house as they thought i might be interested in one of the articles. I turned to page 15 and there was a full page spread on ferrets!

Entitle - "Paris Hilton has one. So does Jonathan Ross. But, says ROBIN PAGE, who's spent a lifetime hunting with them, no ferret should have to suffer being owned by a celebrity."

The article goes on to talk about the craze of ferret keeping by famous folk, including the above mentioned, madonna and george cloney. Apparently Britains first 'Ferret survey' has been carried out and ferret keeping is one the increase and moving south geographically. The article then has a pretty good description of the history and working of ferrets including the journalist talking about beng taken ferreting as a kid. It also talks about mixi and how that almost put a stop to ferreting and how now its starting to wane. It talks about digging to a ferret that was lost (the journalists uncles). It also of course talks about putting them down your trousers.

There is then an interview with Simon Whitehead who lives in Pakefield, Suffolk who takes 6000 rabbits a year and keeps 24 ferrets. He talks about his ferreting and then talks about a recent 5.5 foot dig he had and the journalist says 'I bet Madonna and jonathon ross have never done that'.

So i thought you'd be interested in that. It actually shows ferreting in a pretty positive light and says that people should keep them for working not as silly pets.

O and there is a pick of Paris hilton cuddling her silver jill.

:thumbs:

atb

Jai.

Its good that its posative about ferreting but every fecker wil try to cash in on their silver ferrets now.

People have been doing that for years anyway, only have to see the numerous threads on here that have been made about 'breeding silver to silver' and 'What do I breed to get silver?', 'anyone breeding silvers' etc. This forum can be just as bad as the pet forums at times, I am ashamed to say. :(

the very thought of her picking the nets up in them skirts :icon_redface:

i bet her ferret don't smell though(descneted,covered in perfume???)

good to hear of positive press for the hunting folk and for the stinkers,i hope this is not the start of a ferret pet boom as most will be getting rid as soon as they have a ferret hanging onto them :clapper:

waidmann

Its good that its posative about ferreting but every fecker wil try to cash in on their silver ferrets now.

People have been doing that for years anyway, only have to see the numerous threads on here that have been made about 'breeding silver to silver' and 'What do I breed to get silver?', 'anyone breeding silvers' etc. This forum can be just as bad as the pet forums at times, I am ashamed to say. :(

so if a rerret comes from a litter of silvers but is not a silver is it still a silver as regards to breeding ??????????