Rabbits

Hi all, When lamping rabbits at what distance should i be shooting them with my .177 ?

Many thanks.

All these questons might be answerd better if you tell us how much experiance you have with air rifles, what rifle you own what scope you've got. get yourself some targets and get practising. 30 yards is the preferd zero point for our airguns, you want to be getting all your shots grouped within the size of a 2p to start with. Its not good shooting live quarry unless you know it will be a clean kill first time. :thumbs:

ATB REDEYE

Its a simple answer really buddy,

You should only really be hunting rabbits or any other air rifle quarry when you can ensure that your skill is good enough to put a pellet in a kill zone (brain size) at any given range.

This may mean you starting off short range hunting after a bit of paper practice from a static position close to a warren (10 to 15m) with camo on or mid range shooting (20m)before moving up to 25m - max range of a sub 12FP rifle when your skill as improved considerable.

Dont rush to make the long shots buddy as its much better and more important to learn to shoot properly first and watch yourself improve over time than to shoot a bunny at 30 metres only after hitting it twice in the body and once in the rear end before walking up to it and finishing it with a pellet in the head to put it out its misery.

I am talking from my own experience here mate as when i first started this sport some time ago i made the same mistake as i have just written.

There is nothing better than to see a bunny just role over with a quick kick of its back legs from the nerves as it is killed humanely.

Si