first shotgun

Hi All,

I've got the chance to buy a Baikal 27E shotgun for £115, It'll be my first shotgun, I don't have lots of money to spend at the moment so wanted your thoughts on this gun.

Thanks.

I had exactly the same gun as my first gun. At least, im pretty sure it was a 27E. It came with 2 sets of fixed choke barrels though, 26inch (ish) for Skeet, and a set of 28inch for sporting. I paid £100 for it 2nd hand.

The gun was basically indestructable, and even though it was an old gun, like a lot of Baikels, still had a nice solid stiff break to it. I had it for a couple of years, and put through no end of cartridges at the clay ground before selling it to a local gunshop for £150. About the only time ive ever made any money on a gun!

The gun was basic, nothing flashy, but did its job perfectly. Both myself & my brother got on well with it, getting some good results on the clays.

If you can only afford £115, then I dont think you can go wrong with it. Even if you sell it in a years time to fund a more expensive gun then you wont loose any money on it.

Hi All,

I've got the chance to buy a Baikal 27E shotgun for £115, It'll be my first shotgun, I don't have lots of money to spend at the moment so wanted your thoughts on this gun.

Thanks.

I had exactly the same gun as my first gun. At least, im pretty sure it was a 27E. It came with 2 sets of fixed choke barrels though, 26inch (ish) for Skeet, and a set of 28inch for sporting. I paid £100 for it 2nd hand.

The gun was basically indestructable, and even though it was an old gun, like a lot of Baikels, still had a nice solid stiff break to it. I had it for a couple of years, and put through no end of cartridges at the clay ground before selling it to a local gunshop for £150. About the only time ive ever made any money on a gun!

The gun was basic, nothing flashy, but did its job perfectly. Both myself & my brother got on well with it, getting some good results on the clays.

If you can only afford £115, then I dont think you can go wrong with it. Even if you sell it in a years time to fund a more expensive gun then you wont loose any money on it.

Thanks for the reply, think I'll go for the gun.