squatters

My approach is that I will walk up to squatters for as long as it takes for my dog to get the idea that there is always something at the end of the beam............I can sometimes be a slow old process.........but eventually I like to just put the light on the squatter and send the dog down the beam to get it........wether it can see it or not.

JOEB

taking squatters is the same as taking any game ... you should try where possible to walk downwind so that the dog can pick up the scent and knows something is in front and puts your quarry at a disadvanteg ......

intresting topic squatters are spotted by there eyes normally or when you see them go down, what i do then is keep the lamp on and walk towards the squatter i have noticed if you are head on to the rabb it will try to jump at last second, it all comes down to dog an rab , my old dog would rather them start running 1st where as my other will take them in seat :)

just make sure you are between the rabbit and where its wanting to run to , ie a wood or hedge or if on open land and you know there is a warren on one side of the field then get between them.

this will usualy mean the rabbit is head on, with an inexperienced dog you may have to walk out close to the rabbit. but with experience the dog will learn to go down the beam TOMO :)