Heey, I am now 15 and have had my SGC for a year now and am thinking of trying for a FAC when i am 16 and have had more experience. I have been reading into it for quite a while now but am not sure about a few things. I have been going with my uncle who has a .243 and a .22wmr.

I am in North wales and would like to know what is my chance of getting a FAC at 16? The officer told me i should apply for one in aroun two years when i was 14 as i shoot foxes.

I would also like to know if the North wales police would accept a rimfire for fox shooting but it would mostly be rabbits, and if so which caliber?

I'm not sure about the land situation and about the land needed to shoot on, does the permission have to be the owner of the land or can it be rented land and how much land would be needed to get a rimfire? And las, do i need permission where nobody else already go shooting on or could i have the same land as my uncle goes on? Any help much appreciated, Thanks !

Heey, I am now 15 and have had my SGC for a year now and am thinking of trying for a FAC when i am 16 and have had more experience. I have been reading into it for quite a while now but am not sure about a few things. I have been going with my uncle who has a .243 and a .22wmr.

I am in North wales and would like to know what is my chance of getting a FAC at 16? The officer told me i should apply for one in aroun two years when i was 14 as i shoot foxes.

I would also like to know if the North wales police would accept a rimfire for fox shooting but it would mostly be rabbits, and if so which caliber?

I'm not sure about the land situation and about the land needed to shoot on, does the permission have to be the owner of the land or can it be rented land and how much land would be needed to get a rimfire? And las, do i need permission where nobody else already go shooting on or could i have the same land as my uncle goes on? Any help much appreciated, Thanks !

A number of these questions cannot be answered by anyone here with any degree of authority.

You say ..the officer ...told you to apply in a couple of years whern you were 14 and you shoot with your uncle.

I can't help but think the best thing to do is talk to them!! :thumbs:

If you already have a SGC and your uncle does you a reference and may be mentions he is happy to mentor you it will certainly go in your favour.

Rimfire .22lr should be fine for foxes if you get them close enough and have good shot placement. In my opinion it is not the best calibre for foxing as shot placement will need to be bang on for every shot and nobody likes to see a fox suffer because of a poor shot. Centrefire would be ideal but often you wouldn't be given that straight away...some people do but not many ( please feel free to correct me anyone). good luck what ever happens.thumbs.gif

• 1 month later...

Cheers, I'm sure he'd be a mentor and ill ask what he thinks about it closer to the time :thumbs:

I was thinking of a .22lr too and i would be very carefull with the shot placement!! I have a rottweiler to finish it off quickly if needed and am also getting a lurcher x bull ;) Thanks

Dont say that to you're FEO