Guest eastmids

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I get the right interest I may be persuaded to part with my dispatch tool.        

if you read the pinned stuff about terrier work it states that the "terrier may work to ground to flush the fox,with the intention of SHOOTING it as soon as possible. this would i think put a bolt gun out of the question??

romany: i have taken fox out of earths by the scruff(from above when the fox was half in a pipe,pulling back and getting hold) IT IS CERTAINLY NOT THE PREFERED METHOD.i'm sure most terrier men would agree its not a good idea to "flick some dirt in the eyes,and get them by the scruff",there are tools for the job(noose bars,tongs?????)

i'm sure you did it "in your younger days" all of the time,in which case i would suggest that whoever sent you in there didn't like you very much?

waidmann

if you read the pinned stuff about terrier work it states that the "terrier may work to ground to flush the fox,with the intention of SHOOTING it as soon as possible. this would i think put a bolt gun out of the question??

romany: i have taken fox out of earths by the scruff(from above when the fox was half in a pipe,pulling back and getting hold) IT IS CERTAINLY NOT THE PREFERED METHOD.i'm sure most terrier men would agree its not a good idea to "flick some dirt in the eyes,and get them by the scruff",there are tools for the job(noose bars,tongs?????)

i'm sure you did it "in your younger days" all of the time,in which case i would suggest that whoever sent you in there didn't like you very much?

waidmann

he must have been very quick or sufferd from lack of feeling in his arms and fingers lol

waidmann

any decent terrierman should be well able to handle a live fox out of a dig,if you need tongs or a noose maybe ye should be at something else for a pastime.atb.

Guest eastmids

Thats why we said apply for a shotgun cert You don't need land permission and the good reason to own one is to go clay shooting the police will struggle to refuse you unless you've been a naughty boy then just get the .410 and your sorted :thumbs:

im with you now dan

waidmann

any decent terrierman should be well able to handle a live fox out of a dig,if you need tongs or a noose maybe ye should be at something else for a pastime.atb.

:thumbs:

waidmann

i have no problems with controlling a fox bud,but "crawling headfirst down a hole flicking dirt in his eyes and grabbing him by the scruff" ? that sound like good terrier work to you?

if so then maybe i am in the wrong sport as i'm not doing it properly :icon_eek:

for as start there would be a dog in the way,secondly the fox would be dug to and dispactched in the earth(safe shot) or bolted to gun/net and then shot as soon as the dog is blocked or held.

no need to be dragging live fox out of earths(in this country).

waidmann

still got the breeding here of Jets dam

Thanks mate i need to get over to you. Lot going on though at the moment not good real mess ill explain when i see you

Same here mate got shit flying need one of the Masters to go ..In hand though LOL.

waidmann

i have no problems with controlling a fox bud,but "crawling headfirst down a hole flicking dirt in his eyes and grabbing him by the scruff" ? that sound like good terrier work to you?

if so then maybe i am in the wrong sport as i'm not doing it properly :icon_eek:

for as start there would be a dog in the way,secondly the fox would be dug to and dispactched in the earth(safe shot) or bolted to gun/net and then shot as soon as the dog is blocked or held.

waidmann

Didn't want 'em shot mate, we were getting £25 a skin in them days.

waidmann

waidmann

there are various reasons for taking a live fox out of a burrow.

waidmann

waidmann

You can save a lot of time on a dig if you've got the balls mate.

there are various reasons for taking a fox live from an earth bud but not in england.

some are taken wild in germany for breeding in pens(dog training).

when this was the job in hand we took the correct kit,the foxes i have taken/handled have mostly been from man made earths/field drains where the dog had hold of the tail and i have waited for the fox to move past taken him out and dispatched with a knife(allowed in germany) to avoid the fox turning to the dog/prolonging the scrap or getting into stop ends(dead pipes in the fields),shooting the fox with the dog "in" is for obvious reasons out of the question.

waidmann

waidmann

:thumbs: