what to send in for..

right lads i put a post up a few weeks ago about filling in my fac forms and i have started i struggled to find refferee's as i used my teacher for my sgc application but have recently left school.

i want options but i dont want to put in for a load of different rifles

what i have in mind

22 lr for rabbit and or

fac air

im being put off the hmr for foxes as everyone seems to be against them..

im thinking of a decent fox calibre which i would get granted, im 17 got the land and all but think my age will count against me if i send in for a larger calibre such as a 243 or a 22cf for rabbits and foxes i dont no alot about the 22cf if someone can give me somem info please i would be greatful for example what ranges are efficient for both foxes and rabbits

sp what should i send in for?

ALSO

im off in the marines in july or september i will not be home very much apart christmas easter and summer especially for the basic training which is 8 months, im going to be open with my feo and tell them as if they monitor my ammo they will notice tehre wont be a hell of a lot shot i will be home for the odd long weekend but that will be catching up on sleep lol.. will this be a problem after my basic training i will be home every weekend providing im not operational.?

thanks

right lads i put a post up a few weeks ago about filling in my fac forms and i have started i struggled to find refferee's as i used my teacher for my sgc application but have recently left school.

i want options but i dont want to put in for a load of different rifles

what i have in mind

22 lr for rabbit and or

fac air

im being put off the hmr for foxes as everyone seems to be against them..

im thinking of a decent fox calibre which i would get granted, im 17 got the land and all but think my age will count against me if i send in for a larger calibre such as a 243 or a 22cf for rabbits and foxes i dont no alot about the 22cf if someone can give me somem info please i would be greatful for example what ranges are efficient for both foxes and rabbits

sp what should i send in for?

ALSO

im off in the marines in july or september i will not be home very much apart christmas easter and summer especially for the basic training which is 8 months, im going to be open with my feo and tell them as if they monitor my ammo they will notice tehre wont be a hell of a lot shot i will be home for the odd long weekend but that will be catching up on sleep lol.. will this be a problem after my basic training i will be home every weekend providing im not operational.?

thanks

I have to say I think there is too much if, what, when, etc, above for anyone to give you an accurate response. If you have the land and need, and experience these days it seems, then you shouldn't have a problem...

I rather think with all the variations here the responses could be all over the place, may I suggest the best course of action is to simply ring your FEO or Firearms region and have a chat.

Most are quite human and helpful, and at the end of the day what they say is likely to be a lot more relevant than what anyone here may say.

....and don't take this the wrong way..impressions count in a lot of things, try the spellchecker, it is very useful, I use it all the time, and when I don't I make mistakes!! :thumbs::thumbs:

ok thanks i would want 2 rifles 1 for fox 1 for rabbit and other vermin, i no what i said is alot but it was hard to put in to words lol..

should i ring the firearms department and ask to speak to a feo or just the feo which came round when i had my sgc interview last year?

thanks

ok thanks i would want 2 rifles 1 for fox 1 for rabbit and other vermin, i no what i said is alot but it was hard to put in to words lol..

should i ring the firearms department and ask to speak to a feo or just the feo which came round when i had my sgc interview last year?

thanks

Ideally your man, but anyone senior in the firearms department should be able to help!

And when your all sorted i would personnaly recomend a .22lr for the purpose of ground game and .223 for ground game and foxes. also if you put a FAC air rifle down, it gives you an extra space. Therefor you can either get one if you decide OR merely swap it out for another calibre at a later stage for no fee.

atb

Matt