I've had some very awkward lurchers to do but I've found that they generally panic less if you do them standing up: the dog that is. Tie the dog up very short to something solid: I use the kennel bars, then kneel beside the dog and pick one foot up at a time, as if you were shoeing a horse: like Hannah says, just do a tiny bit on one claw to begin with. Take no notice of any screaming, struggling: get someone else to hold her steady if you can. Don't shout, get agitated or stressed yourself. Just do one claw, then praise and release the dog. Sooner or later the dog will give in a put up with it as it realises you are not trying to kill it LOL

Had one very bad dog I first got my hands on at age 6 years> lurcher of about 24": two grown men couldn't hold him down! Eventually got to be able to do all his feet no problem by doing them when dog was standing up: (took a few months though) starting off with just one claw per day: patience and strong will are all that is needed, and once dog has realised that you aren't going to back off or give up it gets easier and easier, though I still have one which my partner needs to hold as she is a right wuss about it, and I've never hurt her: she just doesn't like her claws being cut.

Don't traumatise or stress dog any more than necessary, and stay strong and firm throughout: even a millimetre off the end of a claw is a triumph for you to begin with, so keep at it slowly and you will win.