Advice - Smoker?

Hi all,

Again - sorry if this is in the incorrect section.

I went ratting for the first time Saturday, had a brilliant day with 3 bitch terriers. The lad who i went with uses a stihl chainsaw as a smoker. We had 25 rats in a few hours work.

I've been looking on ebay at peterol chainsaws/strimmers. Will any peterol chainsaw/strimmer be ok?

Thanks in advance for replies.

Chris.

me and me mates use strimmers no prefference just what came to hand at the time when you get one just take the exhaust manifold off if you can take it to your local mechanics or the farm where you go and get a small piece of pipe welded over the end with exhaust pipe hole on it nothing long about 3inch or so this will then allow you to attach a good length of hydraulic hose on the end (stops all the bending down or over and getting back ache ) just keep the plug clean on the engine use a bit of oil mate and away ya go happy ratting mate atb willum.

edited to expalin a little clearer

Edited by willum

Cheers for the replys lads, really appreciated.

I'm watching a 25cc Flymo Lite XLT 250 Petrol Strimmer on ebay, £30.

Yes, the lads chainsaws plug was getting shitted up on Saturday - had to keep it clean.

So on what scale do you mix the 2 stroke oil with peterol? Like how much would you put in one of them green geri (spelling) can?

Cheers again.

Chris.

See if theres a repair place near you mate. Theres a lawnmower etc repair place round here, i asked if they had anything as scrap that i could have. I told um what it was for. They came up with the strimmer and even cut it down for me and i didnt even have to pay for it!

Cheers for that mate i'l see what i can find!

I use strimmer or hedge trimmer engines matey, they are usually a bit lighter than the chainsaw engines and dont use as much fuel, as chainsaws are usually bigger in capacity. And if you just use the right fuel mix ratio that is recommended for that engine, you shouldnt get any problems with the spark plug fouling up. Even at the right ratio, the engine will run smokey enough to get the rats moving.

ATB

I use strimmer or hedge trimmer engines matey, they are usually a bit lighter than the chainsaw engines and dont use as much fuel, as chainsaws are usually bigger in capacity. And if you just use the right fuel mix ratio that is recommended for that engine, you shouldnt get any problems with the spark plug fouling up. Even at the right ratio, the engine will run smokey enough to get the rats moving.

ATB

Thanks again for the advice!