Trapping

Hello again,

Well today I aquired some trapping permission for canines, and a few felines. Very happy i was its beautiful countryside on a lovley dairy farm. I went out this arvo with my traps and all my equiptment and ran my first little trapline, I managed to get out 4 traps, using 3 dirthole sets, and one set at a dead calf. Im hoping i will get a few because there are plenty about. Will get some pics up if i do,

And do you remember that fox sneaking the eggs from the front of my house?

fox004.jpg

I got the cheaky little bugger

Wish me luck for tomorrow, 4 traps 4 foxes

:drink:

They are good traps. I checked this morning to see old charly about 200 mtrs from my trap set hunting away. I am suprised the foxes have not came in to eat this calf which i have layed two traps near the carcass. Im sure they will sooner or later, I put out another 3 today found a nice fresh sloppy fox scat near some old cow carcasses and i place two traps in the vicinity of the carcass.

Im still learning alot about using these footholds i wish i had someone to show me, I think the key is set location and knowing where the fox regularly patrols. When you blokes arrive at a farm, where do you start looking to place you snares?

Checked this morning, Had a nice little vixen waiting for me. Trap was placed near a dam that i new the foxes would come to , to have a drink. I think the vixen had the dog with her, because i saw another fox running away.

I know Wild Dogs here will not come back to a trap site if they have seen this happen to there freind. Will foxes?

Checked this morning, Had a nice little vixen waiting for me. Trap was placed near a dam that i new the foxes would come to , to have a drink. I think the vixen had the dog with her, because i saw another fox running away.

I know Wild Dogs here will not come back to a trap site if they have seen this happen to there freind. Will foxes?

ask p&g or woodga mitch they will know the ways of old foxy :yes:

Checking the traps agian today, I had another vixen. This vixen had been tormenting me for the past 3 nights by digging my trap up and stealing my bait. Well not this time, after consulting a mate who seems to know the game well i relayed out my set and she was waiting for me the next morning.

Now i know this picture isnt the most exiting, but i keep forgetting to take the camera when checking :angry:

My staghound was very intruiged.

fox001.jpg

and now i smell like a fox,

:11: